August 15 MCAT Thoughts

BigManOnCampus

What did everyone think?

I wrote the morning session:

PS: Very difficult, with very little Acid/Base, solutions, etc. WTF

Verbal: Easier than AAMC practice tests

WS: the travel prompt left me stumped for examples, just used anecdotes

BS: Very reasonable and fair, Orgo wasn't bad at all

Not looking forward to these results, I just hope the curve is favorable.

I am so glad that someone else thought the PS was BRUTAL! I was nearly in tears. :( Here's my opinon...

P.S. BRUTAL! I ran out of time and had to guess on at least 5!

V.R. Fair, I didnt find that any of the passages were extremely difficult to understand

W.S. - First prompt not the best, but the travel prompt was great as I did a few years of travel overseas, so I was able to come up with some excellent examples.

B.S. Ok, I was pretty happy with the orgo, which was what I most feared.

I also am hoping for a generous curve in the PS section. We'll see in 30 days...

PS: Simpler than I expected. Took pencil only about four times.

VR: Decent, comparable to AAMC practice tests. Hopefully not as sick as EK's.

WS: No special emotions. Second prompt was a boon for examples, the first - alrightish. But overall - as any other prompt out of the AAMC list.

BS: Not expected so few orgo questions (with most of them being simple). Don't want to sound too presumptuous, but the bio questions, especially medicine-related, were very straightforward. The only grudge - amount of text descriptions in some passages made them look like VR ones.

Hmm..

My thoughts all and all pretty much what i expected, bio was tougher then ones i've done in the past but I expected that, mainly i feel that I wasn't able to showcase what I had learned, the passages didn't require as much outside information as I was expecting

verbal was good no really abstract passages

writing samples standard, not my best compositions to date but they came out reasonable

physics had more atomic orbital questions then i would have liked, but other than that passages were very doable, discretes were slightly harder than normal

but w/e right it's in Santa's hands now.

wrote the 2pm exam

PS: harder than average, the cyclometer or whatever threw me for a loop ... usually have 20 minutes left to review but only 5 minutes in this one

VR: average, tulips passage was a weird one

WS: once again average, the hero prompt was somewhat vague but whatever

BS: very little orgo which was good, alot of passages on experiments and stuff but overall thought it was alright

im just worried about the PS...when are these scores supposed to come out? and where is everyone else who wrote on this day?

Archived