Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan Full Lengths

MoSquared

Ok so I have written 5 of Kaplan's Full Lengths and my scores are as follows: 35(11,12,12); 36(12,10,14); 38(13,11,14); 38(14,11,13); and 36(11,11,14)

I am pretty happy with these scores and as you can see BS is probably my strongest section. I am just a little concerned that I will not be able to replicate these scores on the actual MCAT. I have written under test conditions as best I can (without the fingerprinting and line-ups).

I am going to try writing some AAMC exams now to see how I do, but does anyone have any feedback on whether their performance on this years Kaplan's full length's were noticeably different from the acutal MCAT???

Thanks all (one more week :S)

was this your first time writing the Kaplan full lengths? (sometimes if you write after a year you get some questions right from memory)

I would say if its your first time writing, then you are in excellent shape :D

Just remember to take it easy the day before and not tire yourself. I rarely could sleep the day before. So here's my advice on replicating your kaplan scores:

1. Rest well the day before and sleep well

2. During the MCAT, do NOT panic after a section in which you might 'perceive' you did not do well. Typically people end up doing just fine.

3. Again do not panic and relax before and during the mcat:)

but in other words I think you are in great shape!! Keep it up!

I've done 5 of Kaplan's and 7 of AAMC's this is how I compare them:

Physical: Kaplan seems to be a bit harder in that I get more questions wrong than I do on AAMC, but estimated scaled scores are almost identical. In this sense, Kaplan might be a bit more useful for studying as it identifies more areas of weakness than does AAMC. I find the questions I get wrong on AAMC are rare and usually due to stupid mistakes so they don't provide much useful feadback.

Verbal: Scales scores might be a little generous from Kaplan. I have always scored either 10 or 11 on AAMC while I've been up to 14 on Kaplan. Similar raw scores though.

Biological: A bit of a combo of Physical and Verbal discrepancies. with Kaplan, I tend to get more wrong (5-6) almost always score 14 or 15 while with AAMC i get fewer wrong but am consistently around 13.

Just my experience.

Archived