Premed 101 Forums

Examcrackers VR

osmosis

hey all,

i was just reading the ek verbal reasoning review book, and on page 22 it says "Instead check your timer once, and after you have finished the fifth passage. You should only have 40 minutes left."

how is it possibly to have forty minutes left after the fifth passage when you are given 60 minutes for 7 passages??? do they mean that forty minutes should have passed after the fifth passage??? even this seems a little much. i usually alot between 7-10 mins per passage.

The EK VR was probably written when the old verbal was in place. This was when you had 85 minutes to do 9 passages.

As for checking time, I think it`s dumb not to do it. You have to be very good at pacing in verbal. You need to know where you are at each passage to make sure you aren`t spending too much time. Time flies when you are wrapped up in a difficult passage.

totally agree with you.

ummm...had a question. i was getting 10's and 11's on the past three full length VR tests i have been doing, than all of sudden i got an 8 on the one i did this afternoon. i totally bombed the last passage and got 0/7.

should i be worried? or is it a fluke when this type of thing happens?

The EK VR was probably written when the old verbal was in place. This was when you had 85 minutes to do 9 passages.

this is actually true. I used EK VR for studying and even though they said it was adapted for the CBT they actually forgot to edit alot of things... they actually have this huge figure showing how to arrange your time reading vs. answering questions in a span of 85 MINUTES... in any case i wouldn't worry about when to check the time because theres a timer at the bottom of the test screen and its kind of hard to miss :P

Archived