Premed 101 Forums

1500 character limit frustrations

Don't stress! This is where your English classes will come in handy. I finished my NOSM questions already. It can be done. Focus what you want to say :) Good luck!

Ok, seriously. 1500! Are the rest of you managing this tight squeeze? Im stressing out and can't seem to get everything I want to say plus examples into this strict limit. Ekk. **sorry just venting** But I really am completely unsure how Im going to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, yeah... I am all done my McMaster questions, although I hope to get a bit more feedback from people and possibly do a little polishing.

I'm doing my NOSM questions now, and they are going well, I think.

I have done a lot more research on the school in the past few days than I have during the entire application process. The more I learn about NOSM, the more it appeals to me. Originally I was applying to Mac with NOSM as a backup, but now I'm not quite so sure. If I was accepted to both, I'd really have to think about it... and I am honesty leaning towards life up north.

How is everybody doing so far on the applications? I can't believe it'll all be over in 3 days!

Unfortunately I'm facing some serious writer's block at the moment. I have lots to say and feel that I can answer each question well, but right now I'm struggling with getting from my brainstormed bullet points to full complete sentences!! And I keep forgetting about verifiers in the character counts. Brutal.

I'm also having a little difficulty separating my responses for questions 1 and 2. I feel that it's my academic, work and life experiences that have convinced me that I want to study at NOSM, so I'm finding it hard to answer the 'why NOSM' question without repeating a lot of my material for question 2. Any thoughts?

Guest soaring_eagle
Unfortunately I'm facing some serious writer's block at the moment. I have lots to say and feel that I can answer each question well, but right now I'm struggling with getting from my brainstormed bullet points to full complete sentences!! And I keep forgetting about verifiers in the character counts. Brutal.

I'm also having a little difficulty separating my responses for questions 1 and 2. I feel that it's my academic, work and life experiences that have convinced me that I want to study at NOSM, so I'm finding it hard to answer the 'why NOSM' question without repeating a lot of my material for question 2. Any thoughts?

I went through major writers block too. Don't worry, I think we all go there. Just try to answer the questions specifically. If you feel like you have alot to say, separate out what applies more to question 1 and more to question 2, and write it that way. at least you have alot to say, ...so you should be just fine if you organize it.

good luck!

Archived