Premed 101 Forums

Med-P Applicants

Guest Fearun9033

Guest Fearun9033

Hello everyone!

I am a few months away from applying to med-p at McGill. I was just wondering if you guys could help me in weighing my chances. I am very stressed about everything right now but please be honest, it will help me a lot! I worry because I find myself to be a pretty average/not-incredible or super applicant. Any feedback would be very helpful! Thank you! :)

So my profile is:

I'm born in Quebec and completing my Health Science single DEC at Marianopolis (3rd semester now) with a full course load, no failures (to date) nor summer classes. My overall CRC score was around 35.000 (I look to improve that with this semester) with a science CRC average of ~37.000.

My extracurricular activities include:

- Montreal Hospital volunteering (~1 years [2 years by the time of my interview, if I get one])

- Piano

- Classical music theory and history classes

- Peer Tutoring

- Karate

- Marianopolis clubs executive

- Certified Workplace First Aider

- Various Student clubs member

Past extracurricular activities include:

- Computer and Technology associate and assistant technician - (for 1 year)

- Self-taught juggler

Thank you all in advance! I will work hard in the meantime! :) :)

- Marcus

Guest Fearun9033
I think you've nothing to worry about, but make sure your reference letters are written by someone you trust and who knows you because this can make the difference.

Oh thx. About the reference letters. Some tell me 2 teachers + 1 non-teaching staff others say 2 people, any, from school and 1 outside school, etc. Which one is the right one? Are we also allowed more than 3 letters?

I read the website but it is pretty confusing. Do they write a letter of reference AND fill the form rating my compassion/honesty/caring/curiosity, etc. or just one or the other?

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it

Guest Fearun9033

Hehe thanks for all the tips!

Oh the nickname is just one that i use in online community. It's not fear and run it's just I am stressed about med-p! Congrats for making it by the way! I envy that a lot.

I know that the auto-bio letter is really stressed and I started a rough rough draft of it already. I plan to have it read by friends and teachers and the academic adviser and so on. I was just wondering for the reference letter, do I need absolutely 2 teachers? Or its just 2 people from my school and someone outside of it?

I find it to be honestly quite difficult to fit anything into my already super busy schedule... I can only seek to improve academically and do more for my extra-curricular activities. What would you suggest as a good EC? I don't think I can fit anything else into the schedule.

Thanks for everything and all the tips! I will do my best =)

Guest Fearun9033
hello Fearun!

I believe you are on the right track! I also believe that you are a very intelliegent and passionate person! Believe in yourself, continue to show what you are capable to do and everything will be fine.

Good luck

thank you very much! I will do my best!

Archived