Premed 101 Forums

Letter grade to percent

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find anything from using the search function. If I receive a letter grade in a course, how does it convert to %? (e.g. A=85-89 at my school, so what specific percent grade would it be converted to?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the thread!

I'm a Canadian-American in my third year of Computer Engineering. I go to the University of Washington and my GPA at the moment is around 3.2-3.4 ish. I was wondering, does anyone know how this transfers to a Canadian school because the percentages that are associated with the GPA are different from the Canadian system. A 4.0 (an A) is considered 95% and above, 3.9-3.0 for most courses is about 94-85.

Does anyone know if UBC, or any Canadian school will take my GPA as is - 3.2-3.4, or will they convert my grades to percentages and convert them to their school's grading scale. Thanks for the help!

UBC will convert your grades to %. If U of W has percentage intervals for grades on the back of their transcript, UBC will take those values. If U of W does not list percentage-to-grade conversions, UBC will simply consider your GPA to be the lowest percentage cut-off for your overall GPA. I.e. any GPA from 3.0 to 3.49 will probably convert to 70%.

Archived