i received my scores few days ago.

RC 20

Bio 21

Chm 22

TS 22

AA 21

PAT 26

carving 26

My GPA is on the low side :( :( (cGPA around 3.7~3.8;best two years 86%) What do you think about my chances of getting an interview? Does anyone think that I should rewrite my DAT? I am applying to U of T, UWO and UBC.

RC 20

Bio 21

Chm 22

TS 22

AA 21

PAT 26

carving 26

My GPA is on the low side :( :( (cGPA around 3.7~3.8;best two years 86%) What do you think about my chances of getting an interview? Does anyone think that I should rewrite my DAT? I am applying to U of T, UWO and UBC.

Great DATs. Congatulations! You're on your way to becoming a dentist! You have an outside shot at UofT, and an OK shot at UWO... but it's not guaranteed. You'll get in to many US schools if you apply early next cycle and you might get a scholarship at a US school (depends where u apply) so the tuition might not be so bad.

RC 20

Bio 21

Chm 22

TS 22

AA 21

PAT 26

carving 26

GPA 3.7-3.8 low?? I have a GPA of around 3.2, best 2 years so far is 3.4

i'm screwed!!

You have an outside shot at UofT, and an OK shot at UWO... but it's not guaranteed.

Actually, you have a very good shot at getting an interview at UWO.

The first round of interviews given out last year were for applicants who met the RC cutoff (which was 18) and who had a single best year with an average of above 84.5ish - both requirements which you meet.

The later rounds of interviews were given to applicants with slightly lower averages for their best year.

U of T solely depends on your cGPA and your AA and PAT scores. Last year, the cGPA interview cutoff was 3.84, which may make getting an interview at U of T harder for you than at UWO. However, if you have a masters or anything else above undergrad, then the requirements are lower for the cGPA.

Good luck!

The first round of interviews given out last year were for applicants who met the RC cutoff (which was 18) and who had a single best year with an average of above 84.5ish - both requirements which you meet.

The later rounds of interviews were given to applicants with slightly lower averages for their best year.

U of T solely depends on your cGPA and your AA and PAT scores. Last year, the cGPA interview cutoff was 3.84, which may make getting an interview at U of T harder for you than at UWO. However, if you have a masters or anything above undergrad, then the requirements are lower for the cGPA.

Good luck!

So you only have to have one year above the 84.5% cutoff to get an interview? I thought your best two years needed to be above 84.5% when averaged?

Prior to last year, it was based on the best two years. But last year, it was only based on the best one year (for the interview cutoff).

I don't know which way they will go this year though (one year vs two years). Also, both the 84.5% cutoff and 18 RC cutoff are both dependent on the applicant pool for that year, so they are subject to change.

After the interview, to determine the average used for deciding who was admitted, the best two years were still used last year.

U of T solely depends on your cGPA and your AA and PAT scores. Last year, the cGPA interview cutoff was 3.84, which may make getting an interview at U of T harder for you than at UWO. However, if you have a masters or anything else above undergrad, then the requirements are lower for the cGPA.

Good luck!

What kind of PAT score do you need to get an interview at U of T?

hey smilee...just wondering where you got this information regarding using one yr of gpa for interview cutoffs since I cant seem to find it on UWOs website.

Hey, I called Trish last year to ask about the GPA cutoff was for the first round of interviews.. she said it was based on one year GPA that cycle because students who are currently in their second year can apply and they only have one year's worth of marks to base the decision on whether to extend an interview or not for them.

I've heard that in previous years it was based on two years though, so not sure what they will do this year!

Hey, I called Trish last year to ask about the GPA cutoff was for the first round of interviews.. she said it was based on one year GPA that cycle because students who are currently in their second year can apply and they only have one year's worth of marks to base the decision on whether to extend an interview or not for them.

I've heard that in previous years it was based on two years though, so not sure what they will do this year!

That is interesting...didnt think about the second yr applicants but makes sense to use one yr for all...

Archived