Premed 101 Forums

UBC interview invitation

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think UBC sends out invitation and rejection email/mail at the same time

UBC will still give your ranking if you are rejected for an interview

from what I understand, there are three ranking catogories

Overall Grade, DAT score (I believe PAT and Carving is weighted more heavily) and personal attributes

honestly, I have no idea how much each category weighs...

anyways..i am already feeling screwed

UBC interview 120 ppl this year

My average= 80% (average of UBC applicant= 79.8%)

DAT= academic average is not that great...(stupid Kaplan)

Personal Attributes= ????

My Ranking?? = maybe near top 120...???

Will know in 10-15 days...

Im in the same situation with an average of around 80%. I felt my personal attributes and DAT helped me get an interview last year as they were above average (in the pool of people interviewed). When it came to getting in though, a lot rested on the GPA and interview (which was mediocre). So I am hoping to get an interview again and I have already started preparing for the interview to make sure I do better if I get a chance. It is definitely an uphill battle with the GPA I have.

I guess we will all find out soon enough, GL to everyone.

I'm well above the average for the DAT but my GPA should be close to 80 as well. I would really love an interview, but I'm not sure how this 10% OOP is going to affect me. Does anyone have a conversion chart for gpa to percentages for UBC? I know UBC says they don't release this information but I think I've seen it somewhere...

Has anybody received the UBC interview invitation? I just got mine through e-mail. The interview is on the January 31st, which is 2 weeks earlier (for IP students) than last year. I don't know why they are changing so many stuff this year :confused:

I also got the UBC interview invitation just now....

chiral: You are an IP student, and you are interviewing on January 31st?

I am an IP student, attending University out of province,and my interview is on February 7. Atleast... I hope they are considering me an In Province Student because I lived in Vancouver from birth through age 17....

I am an IP student, attending University out of province,and my interview is on February 7. Atleast... I hope they are considering me an In Province Student because I lived in Vancouver from birth through age 17....

How many ppl are interviewing in total?

Yes, I am an IP student. I think it is possible that they are holding two separate interviews for IP students. Anyhow, that means I will have the interview earlier and less time for preparation :(

How many ppl are interviewing in total?

It is on the e-mail that they have selected 120 candidates.

Yes, I am an IP student. I think it is possible that they are holding two separate interviews for IP students. Anyhow, that means I will have the interview earlier and less time for preparation :(

It is on the e-mail that they have selected 120 candidates.

... and how many matriculate?

Thanks

oh wow! 13....thats crazy. what was required to get an interview. i'm sorry to hear about that. your stats seem pretty comptetive

I agree.. those stats are competitive.. hmm. Now I wonder what my percentile rank is and if it is even worth it for me to attend the interview.....

Archived