Premed 101 Forums

Saturday Practice MMI

Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't make it last week...but I need a response from someone who did. The SCARFE buildling, were you able to find rooms to practice? If not, we can go to the LSC...SOMEONE answer soon...it's already wednesday!

shifana

Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't make it last week...but I need a response from someone who did. The SCARFE buildling, were you able to find rooms to practice? If not, we can go to the LSC...SOMEONE answer soon...it's already wednesday!

shifana

Hey shifana,

We were able to find random rooms in Scarfe that were empty to practice in, about 3-4 rooms that were not occupied. There were other people in other rooms however, so I think it will be random if we can find a room that someone hasnt taken already. That, and there were only 7 of us on Sat as compared to about 20+ people on Sunday.

i think that it would be unfair to use up rooms in the LSC as we all discussed the first week we met. although there were only 7 of us this past saturday it doesn't mean that there will be only 7 of us again. more could show up. last week there were plenty of consecutive empty rooms to utilize.

the scarfe rooms worked well on saturday. probably better to just stick with scarfe and leave the LSC rooms for the med students to study in out of courtesy.

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and I'd like to start practicing the MMI with everyone. As I'm sure many people are wondering, is there a confirmed meeting place for the next weekend (January 31/February 1) on Saturday/Sunday? Also, pardon the newbie question, but what materials/preparation should I do prior to the session?

Thanks

Hey, welcome to the forum!

On Saturday, we meet in front of the Scarfe Library at 12pm sharp and goes on until whenever we finish. On Sundays, we meet at Irving K Barber Library, room 415, at 1:30pm sharp and the rooms are booked until 3:30pm.

Bring with you a scenario to practice. It would be great if you have critical thinking situations or acting/role-playing scenarios because we have been practicing ethical type questions for the past few weeks.

See you there this weekend!

woops, just to correct - we meet in room 416 on sunday :)

Sat, Jan 31 2009:

12:00 pm SHARP - onwards

Place: meet right in front of the education library Neville Scarfe building

Sunday, Feb 1 2009:

1:30pm SHARP -3:00pm

Place: Irving Barber Library MEET AT ROOM 416 - Rooms 415, 416, 316,317 booked for practice

For more info, Deanis has set up http://www.sfu.ca/~dvrecko/MMI.html

(Satuday grp, please confirm timing is for 12pm at Scarfe!)

Archived