Premed 101 Forums

"decision made" anyone have this status yet?

As per the website:

PLEASE NOTE:

1. ALL applications will indicate incomplete. This is due to the fact that we have not requested your referee letters and do not require these to be submitted until AFTER you have received your interview invite.

2. The majority of applications will indicate "Decision made" on your file. This means that your application is "in progress" or "ineligible" as per our file assessments. It does not mean that the Admissions committee has made an admissions related decision.

3. The Admissions Committee begins to meet on Monday, December 8th, 2008 to begin reviewing files to select interview invitees. All interview invites will be sent via email during the week of February 9th, 2009.

Anybody have this status yet? Mine says incomplete (as expected), but I don't have "decision made" anywhere. It says the majority will have this.

I'm not worried about anything...just curious really.

Anybody got it yet? Please answer yes or no....

Mine still says "incomplete - items outstanding". Everything is received except for my reference letters (which they ask for after interview notification).

Yeah that's exactly what mine says (sorry, if I didn't make that clear earlier).

I get the impression this is where most people stand right now.

I wonder if anyone has this "decision made" status that they mention....or if it will come later.

Judging from last year, the whole "decision made" status didn't mean anything. Some had it and didn't get an interview (me) some had it and got an interview.

I figure this is just a gigantic Schrodinger's Cat experiment. My file is in a sealed office somewhere in Dal. It may or may not have been seen by the committee. A decision may or may not have been made, but if my status changes to "decision made", it may or may not mean that a decision has been made. Until the week of Feb 9th, my application exists in a dual state of rejected/invited for interview.

Keeping with the zen/quantum physics vibe, the MMI will probably consist of a third year Med student asking me what is the sound of one hand clapping.

Judging from last year, the whole "decision made" status didn't mean anything. Some had it and didn't get an interview (me) some had it and got an interview.

I figure this is just a gigantic Schrodinger's Cat experiment. My file is in a sealed office somewhere in Dal. It may or may not have been seen by the committee. A decision may or may not have been made, but if my status changes to "decision made", it may or may not mean that a decision has been made. Until the week of Feb 9th, my application exists in a dual state of rejected/invited for interview.

Keeping with the zen/quantum physics vibe, the MMI will probably consist of a third year Med student asking me what is the sound of one hand clapping.

This is one beautiful post. Often I will use "lol" when I find something mildly amusing so its meaning gets diluted. But no, today Minderbender you have really made me lol. For that I thank you.

If I am in the middle of my interview and I rip a fart but nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

Archived