Premed 101 Forums

Ridiculous to squeeze in more R1 selections?

m0b1liz3

I have heard back from most of my chosen programs for part 1 of R1. If you place in more selections at this point would they even be considered? (ie. Most interviews are happening now or shortly) I just had a thought that I shouldn't wait till round 2 to make further selections but it does seem like it would be a waste of money.

Your requests at this point are unlikely to be considered as all the programs interview spots will be filled.

But if you are really serious about applying to these other programs then you will never know until you ask the program.

I don`t think it is the end of the world to go to the second round...so if you are just trying to avoid not matching, then probably is not worth the trouble of trying to squeeze in a few more programs...since you are probably more likely to match than not match in the first round, and at least in the second round you can see what options are available to you. (just my opinion, I realize some people might not deal with not matching so well, but I really don`t think it would be that bad)

Hi there,

When I applied to Radiology there was one program which I contacted after the interview invitations had been sent out. They managed to fit me in to their interview roster after I had initially been rejected. So if you'd really like to have an interview at a given program you've really got nothing to lose by asking.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived