Premed 101 Forums

prep books - does edition matter?

MedSchoolAhoy

So I'm trying to buy some second hand MCAT prep books but really need advice. I put an ad on craigslist and got a few responses, but everyone wants me to name my price. HOw much should I pay for, say example, a 2007 package of 5 ExamKrackers books?

Also, does it matter that they're 2007 and I won't be writing the MCAT till 2010 or 2011? Do the editions change very much from year to year?

Advice greatly appreciated,

Sincerely,

Underachieving premed

________

Ford I4 DOHC engine

The year doesn't matter really much except for if you go earlier than Aug 2006. Before then the MCAT wasn't computerized, the test was longer, and strategies were slightly different due to timing. Besides that though, its introductory science and reading, and lets face it, those really haven't changed in the last decade. Most of those books just come out with new editions to sell new books, but the content rarely changes.

As for a price, I have no idea, I don't know about craigslist, but I would hit up some used bookstores, there are always tons of MCAT books and you can get an idea for how much they are worth. A complete set of EK does sound nice though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived