Premed 101 Forums

Summer Courses for American cGPA?

I did not think any Ont schools counted the summer courses ....did you call the schools or is it on each schools website?

It's on their website. Well, I've only checked Western, Queens, Ottawa and Mcmaster.

Western doesn't consider summer courses at all.

Queens will count summer courses, but not in their 'last 2 years GPA calculation'.

Mcmaster doesn't directly address this issue, but they say that they consider everything you have done on your transcript, so that means they consider summer courses I take it.

UOttawa doesn't consider summer courses.

But do American MedSchools also accept summer courses equally for cGPA calculation? 'Cause if that's the case, I'll take as many as I can to make up for the 1 C+, 1 B- and 8 A-/+'s that I'm gonna get this first year.

US schools count ALL post-secondary courses (including summer) when determining cGPA and science GPA.

• 2 weeks later...
They definitely count your summer courses.

Is this absolutely all American Schools--or at least the ones that Canadians get into?

I'm asking because I checked Wayne Meds' website and they don't have anything for summer courses written there. They just have a bunch of recommendations for clinical ECs you should be doing.

P.S. Aside from summer courses, are those clinical ECs listed on WayneMeds' site important to get into American MedSchools? (http://www.med.wayne.edu/admissions/preparing/index.asp)

Is this absolutely all American Schools--or at least the ones that Canadians get into?

I'm asking because I checked Wayne Meds' website and they don't have anything for summer courses written there. They just have a bunch of recommendations for clinical ECs you should be doing.

P.S. Aside from summer courses, are those clinical ECs listed on WayneMeds' site important to get into American MedSchools? (http://www.med.wayne.edu/admissions/preparing/index.asp)

it is ALL american schools because they use AMCAS GPA which includes ALL your post-secondary courses.

Archived