Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers for activities

ok it looks like two of my verifiers were contacted in the middle of march. both responded to the emails right away and said they expanded on my description of what my role was, so i guess that worked out well.

has anyone else had verifiers contacted recently?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I can see your point, I wouldn't have asked either but my verifier mentioned it to me and then forwarded me the email that UBC sent her.

on a related topic, do you think that UBC reviews all files post interview or do you think that some people score so low on the interview that they are no longer in being looked? 664 seems like a lot of files to review........

I don't think that the verifiers being contacted or not have anything to do with the application. Again, UBC specifically said that verifiers would be contacted randomly. So, if your verifiers were contacted, well they got chosen randomly. But if the verifiers were not contacted, it was no big deal either.

Right, so being contacted or not means that you were just picked randomly. I had heard somewhere else that they only contact verifiers if you are on the bubble of not being picked....not sure where I hear that though.....

But seriously do you think they review all files or only those that meet some base point value?

Archived