Premed 101 Forums

UWO: MASTERS in Clinical Anatomy + Cell Biology

Hey everyone,

Has anyone heard /know of UWO's Masters in Clinical Anatomy + Cell Biology. It looks like a mega tough program... but incredibly interesting! Would it be pointless to apply if my primary goal is to up my science gpa for dents?

I have seen the program on the Western website. It does seem quite cool. However, I get the impression from the program that its meant for to train people who have a genuine interest to continue in anatomical sciences and teach it to undergrads, grads, and med students. ``This plan of study is designed to meet the ever increasing need in North America for instructors who can teach cadaveric gross anatomy. A Master's in Clinical Anatomy will provide students with the necessary skills to teach clinically-oriented cadaveric anatomy in medical, dental and professional health science programs.``

I don`t think it would be pointless if you are genuinely interested into the program.

Only U of T cares if you have done a MSc (to be honest I don't know how they look at course based ones - they aim for ones with research focus). UWO barely looks at it.

If your GPA isn't high enough, doing more undergrad coursework to boost your grades would be a safer bet.

If you are genuinely interested in the MSc though, go for it. I don't know how much it will help your application, but it certainly can't be bad. And just think how easy gross anatomy will be to you -- once you are in. (but really, that's one course in first year)

Archived