Premed 101 Forums

Anyone got U of Manitoba interview? what's the cutoff?

I was wondering the same. I got my letter on Wednesday and they said that there were only 83 interviews total! They raised the minimum core science GPA to like 3.3 or 3.5 (chem, bio, physics, orgo chem and biochem all I and II). I think the raised minimum DAT average from 17 to 18 with no less than 14 in one section. Please let me know if anyone got interviews with less!

I was wondering the same. I got my letter on Wednesday and they said that there were only 83 interviews total! They raised the minimum core science GPA to like 3.3 or 3.5 (chem, bio, physics, orgo chem and biochem all I and II). I think the raised minimum DAT average from 17 to 18 with no less than 14 in one section. Please let me know if anyone got interviews with less!

how do you calculate core science GPA? also, would these stats be the same for OOP?

finally, does manitoba count carving?

I am Manitoba in province applicant with DAT average 19.6 ( not les than 14 in any section) core GPA 4.15, howcome I still haven't receive the letter??????????????????? Please help me

Hello..was this a letter through mail? or email?

thanks

I'm not sure for Out of Province... Sadly I think they now limit the spots for out of Province acceptance (before you could have as many OP students as apply with the minimums) as I was told by my friend in 2nd year. Take your best year times it by three, take your core sciences, drop your worst year, and take your overall GPA average and you get your application GPA. They do take carving (1/3 of your DAT average) other 1/3 is PAT and 1/3 Academic. Hope that helps. You have to call in your interview within 5 days... Hope that helped

I'm not sure for Out of Province... Sadly I think they now limit the spots for out of Province acceptance (before you could have as many OP students as apply with the minimums) as I was told by my friend in 2nd year. Take your best year times it by three, take your core sciences, drop your worst year, and take your overall GPA average and you get your application GPA. They do take carving (1/3 of your DAT average) other 1/3 is PAT and 1/3 Academic. Hope that helps. You have to call in your interview within 5 days... Hope that helped

That's true. My hubby just graduated from UM Dent and they have had quotas in place for a long time now.

i go to school here at the UofM. to be honest the people you meet are amazing..the city is...is...um. well like I said the people are amazing, just be forewarned about the cold winters, bring a warm coat.

Archived