Premed 101 Forums

Western Interview

I have some questions about western interview (this weekend)

Do they ask you to ask them a question or two at the end of the interview?

Do they expect the interviewees to have some knowledge about their program and/or research area?

from my experience at western, and those of other people who had interviews, it seems that they always ask if you have any questions at the end, provided your interview hasn't passed the time limit. I can't find any information about specializations on their website, has anyone else been able to? I might ask something along those lines.

also i'm definitely having trouble talking for 4+ minutes about each question. :eek: good luck to everyone this weekend!

There is a tour of the clinic and the building- it's about half an hour long from what I remember. What generally happens is that you have your interview, and once everyone in your timeslot is finishes their interview, the entire group is taken on a tour. But they're very lax with it. You can come or leave whenever you want. You could even register early and take the tour with an earlier group. :)

haha ok, well i'm basing my answers on my past experience and the experience of a few others. The interview definitely does not take 45 minutes. I think everybody in my group was out of theirs by the 25 minute mark (and most were out before 20 minutes let out). And then 1/2 hour tour put on by their current first year students. There is no personality test for Western.

I have one more question.

I heard that Western asks 1-2 traditional questions and 3-5 CDA structured questions. However, they only grade the answers for CDA structed questions (traditional questions are only ice-breakers).

Do you have any other comment/suggestion you want to share?

it was really wierd for me- first of all, let me say that it goes by so quicky, you don't even realize what's happening. So *from what i remember* they actually asked all of my cda questions first (5 or 6, i dont remember) and then they followed it up with 3-4 normal questions, which you're right, they don't actually grade. I think ours went by so fast because we had a lot of situational questions (and less behavioural questions). And I don't know about you, but for me situational questions take up a lot less time. I don't know what other advice I can give you though. Oh mine was also a bit wierd, because the dentist had to leave, so only 2 people were interviewing me. That threw me off a bit!

Archived