Premed 101 Forums

Chances of getting into UWO?

Hey guys, I was just wondering from the people that have gotten in from previous years and through experience, what are my chances of actually getting in or being waitlisted?

GPA - 85.25% or 3.79

DAT

R - 20

AA - 18

PAT - 21

and I felt pretty good after the interview, they were nice and laughed, answered questions completely and efficiently.

Any thots guys?

Hey guys, I was just wondering from the people that have gotten in from previous years and through experience, what are my chances of actually getting in or being waitlisted?

GPA - 85.25% or 3.79

DAT

R - 20

AA - 18

PAT - 21

and I felt pretty good after the interview, they were nice and laughed, answered questions completely and efficiently.

Any thots guys?

lol. nobody can tell you your chances, nobody knows. but you can compare with others...

im finishing my 3rd year undergrad this year,

2 year average will be 86.0%

DAT:

R - 21

AA - 21

PAT - 21

if that helps. i also thought my interview went pretty well, but you never know with the interview.

carterr8 and dentshopeful, I think both of your stats are great. I actually have a few friends with similar grades and DAT scores that are in first and second year dentistry.

I also interviewed this past weekend. I fumbled majorly for the first half of my first question :o:D ! You know when your mind starts drawing blanks, which makes you more nervous and even more blanks start appearing? I guess that's the standard interview nightmare but somehow I got back on track.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my stats with everyone here.

I graduated from UWO in 2007 and have been busy working at a hospital, volunteering and playing a lot sports.

OMSAS GPA and % grade of my 2 best years: 3.95 and 92%

RC 21

AA 20

PAT 19

carterr8 and dentshopeful, I think both of your stats are great. I actually have a few friends with similar grades and DAT scores that are in first and second year dentistry.

I also interviewed this past weekend. I fumbled majorly for the first half of my first question :o:D ! You know when your mind starts drawing blanks, which makes you more nervous and even more blanks start appearing? I guess that's the standard interview nightmare but somehow I got back on track.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my stats with everyone here.

I graduated from UWO in 2007 and have been busy working at a hospital, volunteering and playing a lot sports.

OMSAS GPA and % grade of my 2 best years: 3.95 and 92%

RC 21

AA 20

PAT 19

If you just interviewed at UWO, why does it say in your name McGill DMD 2013? Also, your stats put us to shame! haha. Do you think they give UWO gives preference to students who went there for undergrad?

If you just interviewed at UWO, why does it say in your name McGill DMD 2013? Also, your stats put us to shame! haha. Do you think they give UWO gives preference to students who went there for undergrad?

My interview was far from my best performance so I guess it balances out!

I keep hearing that UWO likes their own students. All of my friends that are in UWO dentistry also completed undergrad there and in that powerpoint presentation they had continuously playing, I recognized about 6 other students from my graduating year. But no one knows for sure!

My interview was far from my best performance so I guess it balances out!

I keep hearing that UWO likes their own students. All of my friends that are in UWO dentistry also completed undergrad there and in that powerpoint presentation they had continuously playing, I recognized about 6 other students from my graduating year. But no one knows for sure!

oh boy...i hope thts not the case...although I could definitely see that the UWO undergrad students at the interview were quite relaxed...that could contribute to a better interview overall...

also if an interviewer laughs at your answer or makes a joke out of an answer you give....is that a bad sign? I only ask as this happened to me...

GPA - 85.25% or 3.79

DAT

R - 20

AA - 18

PAT - 21

Any thots guys?

How do u know that 3.79 is a 85%?

How do u know that 3.79 is a 85%?

If you're asking how to convert % to GPA, look up the OMSAS conversion scale. It's different for everyone, it depends on every one of your marks. But UWO doesn't look at GPA, thankfully :P

Anyways, here's my stats:

Graduating with an honors degree this year

Best 2 years: 85.1% or 3.77

DAT: RC 22, AA 20

• 3 weeks later...
the file has percentage ranges... how do you convert a letter or number into a percent?

the pdf also has letter- and number-grades.

use the legend at the bottom to find which grading system your school uses, then go to that column, and go down to whatever grade you have. then look to the far right for what that is on the 4.0 scale.

sorry for the confusion... I was wondering how to convert letter grades (A+, A, A-, etc) into percentages (90%, 85%, 80%)?

the problem is that if you go read across to the percentages... the percentages are given as a range of numbers... do you just pick the middle value then?

I'm pretty sure you are correct.

Archived