Premed 101 Forums

Linguistics Course To Fulfill English Requirement

Hi everyone! First time posting and was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me. I was planning on taking a linguistics course to fulfill the english course requirement for American dental schools. The thing is that at my school, the linguistics department is separate from the engish department resulting in linguistics courses beginning wit "LING" and english courses with "EN". So, would a linguistics course count as an english course? Also how does AADSAS know if an english course is a composition or not? Thanks everyone!

As far as I know, Linguistics is not English. I am taking an English course to meet this requirement as well. My school (UofT) also offers both Linguistics and English courses and they are separate departments. I don't think you can meet ENG requirement by taking LING courses.

it probably wont work especially if it has no writing (like 15 page essays) component to it...i also have a linguistics course but am still taking english...the course must have ENG ,and to be on the safe side, better to take a composition course than a literature course...i ended up taking a literature course and am concerned about its acceptability....

Archived