Premed 101 Forums

UWO Results

UWO has two rounds of acceptances. They send out early acceptances to the top 15 applicants around mid May. The next round of acceptances are sent out at the end of June.

Do they take this year into account for early acceptances?

By mid-May I would assume that they already have all the marks in.

if it helps to clarify this further...my last exam is on the afternoon of May 6 =]

a lot of my friends at UofT end in may too

so uwo wouldn't be able to consider this year's marks in the early acceptances...

Does it mean those who are in second year wont be even considered for early decision even if their transcripts are available in May. I am in UWO and my last exam is on 30th of april and my transcripts will be available by mid-may, will they see them or they wont consider any second year student for early admission as they only have our one year marks.

Does it mean those who are in second year wont be even considered for early decision even if their transcripts are available in May. I am in UWO and my last exam is on 30th of april and my transcripts will be available by mid-may, will they see them or they wont consider any second year student for early admission as they only have our one year marks.

These are just my thoughts, not "official Western policy", but the whole idea of early admissions are to extend acceptance to competitive students who have likely been offered acceptance by other schools (mainly U of T, as so few people get in OOP).. in other words, so Western doesn't end up with all the other schools' waitlisted/rejected people due to their later release of decisions.

However, if you're in second year, you can't apply to U of T.. so Western might not look at second year students as potential "losses" to U of T simply due to the different timelines between the schools, so I wouldn't think they'd be too concerned about extending early acceptance. Also, a second-year student's decision on "what am I doing next year" is not the same as students who are graduating, or have graduated, as the schools pretty much know that if you don't get in, you will just continue with your undergrad (so you wouldn't need advance notice as much as other students).

Also, as you said, if you're in second year they only have one year of marks to go off by, which (since they require two years) they wouldn't offer you admission based solely on. Although some schools may have marks out by mid-May, these students can't be at an advantage over people who go to schools that release marks later in May.. so they give everyone until June to send in marks and don't consider the current year for early admission.

Don't worry about getting early acceptance! Acceptance in June would be just as awesome :)

These are just my thoughts, not "official Western policy", but the whole idea of early admissions are to extend acceptance to competitive students who have likely been offered acceptance by other schools (mainly U of T, as so few people get in OOP).. in other words, so Western doesn't end up with all the other schools' waitlisted/rejected people due to their later release of decisions.

However, if you're in second year, you can't apply to U of T.. so Western might not look at second year students as potential "losses" to U of T simply due to the different timelines between the schools, so I wouldn't think they'd be too concerned about extending early acceptance. Also, a second-year student's decision on "what am I doing next year" is not the same as students who are graduating, or have graduated, as the schools pretty much know that if you don't get in, you will just continue with your undergrad (so you wouldn't need advance notice as much as other students).

Also, as you said, if you're in second year they only have one year of marks to go off by, which (since they require two years) they wouldn't offer you admission based solely on. Although some schools may have marks out by mid-May, these students can't be at an advantage over people who go to schools that release marks later in May.. so they give everyone until June to send in marks and don't consider the current year for early admission.

Don't worry about getting early acceptance! Acceptance in June would be just as awesome :)

Thanks Smilee and whatever you said makes sense.

Archived