Premed 101 Forums

GPA and MCAT

Oh no I agree. I applied August and thought I was early. Not a sniff for interviews. Mind you I only applied top tier. Didn't want to go to the USA otherwise.

My comment was just about confidence and the MCAT. I teach MCAT for Kaplan and confidence is a big thing. It truly affects your score. Sorry, I guess I was hijacking the thread a bit.

I agree with that, but you have to balance the gains from comfort with the time you're spending. Personally I was scared ****less the day of the exam but it didn't affect my ability to IMO there's diminishing returns to test prep; once you know the basics confidence is all you're getting.

4lyfe that's definitely an improvement...you could send in your AMCAS in advance so it'd be verified by the time the scores come out in August....

HOWEVER more likely you won't have any time to work on your personal statement, activities, lining up your LOR writers etc. while you're studying for the MCAT.

So it's more like take the exam July 17th. Over the next 2 weeks crank out an obviously rushed personal statement and submit to AMCAS in early August. Scores come out August 17th. AMCAS verified late August/early September. Likely won't be complete at the bulk of your schools until mid-late September.

What I was thinking was I would send out a primary by June.... mean while Im studying for the MCAT on July 17th... and while I am waiting for the results, I would send out my secondaries within that month... So I think I would be complete by August 17.

Archived