Premed 101 Forums

FYI: Social networking site for Canadian physicians/residents/med students (by CMA)

Welcome to Asklepios, the social network for physicians, brought to you by the CMA. Here you can make new contacts, get advice from colleagues, and collaborate with people all over the country. And it's exclusively for Canadian physicians, residents and medical students, so you'll know exactly who you're connecting with here. Creating a profile is easy, so get started now and see what you've been missing.

http://www.asklepios.ca

Good site to use if you want to keep in touch with other docs without adding them to your facebook/IM!

Nope (again, this site is operated by Canadian Medical Asso.), just discovered its existence while reading the provincial health journal today.

The purpose of posting this link is that it answers my own question on another thread in this forum re:

It would be nice if there is a Canadian forum run by physicians to discuss...healthcare. Premed101 is already great, but as the forum title suggests, it aims to promote interaction mainly between premed/med students. I think Canada can use more unity/leadership among practicing physicians.

I know this "Asklepios" "physician social-networking" sounds lame, but it's probably the best available solution thus far for promoting physician interaction/discussion in Canada.

Archived