Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS Letter Writer Application

Hello

I was just wondering...has anyone used the service mentioned above? It apparently allows letters of evaluation to be directly uploaded on AMCAS. I wonder how different it is from using Interfolio...

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Send your letters to Interfolio first, then upload them to AMCAS.

Thanks Classic. Just another question...I have this friend who applied last year to the U.S. And she had Interfolio send each of her letters to the schools she applied to directly. Whereas, when I called AMCAS, they said that applicants have to request that letters be sent from Interfolio to AMCAS. And that it was AMCAS that distributed the letters to the different schools. If that's the case, then how does one specify which letters go to which school...in cases where there are varying requirements for letters of recommendations?

Really confused about this. Any input again is much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Classic. Just another question...I have this friend who applied last year to the U.S. And she had Interfolio send each of her letters to the schools she applied to directly. Whereas, when I called AMCAS, they said that applicants have to request that letters be sent from Interfolio to AMCAS. And that it was AMCAS that distributed the letters to the different schools.

Last year AMCAS started "offered" a new service where they would send your letters to the med schools. But, yes, first you need to send the letters to AMCAS (Interfolio is really convenient to do this). Only a handful of schools participated in the AMCAS service, so you ended up sending all your other letters via Interfolio.

If that's the case, then how does one specify which letters go to which school...in cases where there are varying requirements for letters of recommendations?

AMCAS allows you to upload all letters and then pick and choose which ones you want sent to which school.

No stress.

Archived