Premed 101 Forums

Nitpicky verifier question

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Now that this opus that is my danged UofT essay is done (near-miracle :) ) I'm working on slotting in the verifier numbers. Here's an ultra-nitpicky question: for the verifier numbers, have you guys placed them in brackets, or just left them as is, for example:

...I'd like to buy some cheese.(7)

vs.

...I'd like to buy some cheese.7

I have ample room to place brackets around the verifier numbers if need be, but remain undecided on which route to take. I had thought of opting for the latter method, and reducing the font size by 2 points, so that the number is not as distracting, but it appears that, when pasting the text into the OMSAS box, font sizes become uniform--puh!

I'd like to hear what you guys are doing, or what you guys, now in UofT, e.g., peachy et al., did in the past.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I tried brackets my first year. Ran out of space my second year, so I just used numbers with little punctuation. I don't think it really matters, since I got an interview both years.

Good luck Kirsteen!

bj

Guest Kirsteen

Hi,

Righto, and thanks for your input! I ended up doing a wee bit of a test run to see which looked better and plonked for the bracketing.

Cheers guys,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi,

I've stuck to the 8000 character limit, and not the 1000 word limit (7937 characters and 1241 words). I don't know if you've tried it yet, but when you enter your UofT essay into its textbox, the size of the essay is measured in characters. If you exceed the 8000-character limit, then the program truncates your essay; the number of words in the essay seems to be irrelevant. Also, in previous years, the UofT essay was required to be no longer than 8000 characters, thus a character limit was in use previously, not a word limit, so I wouldn't worry if you go over 1000 words. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived