Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Leon!!

Nice window. Lol.

Congrats on the mortgage coming through--wasn't that scary?! Ugh.

Thanks! Yes, especially as it was a first time experience.

Congrats! Those are nice windows. :)

Thanks. They're not mine.............yet. :D

So I got a very favourable MCAT result!

PS - 13

VR - 10

BS - 12

Congrats! Awesome score

Ahem....I start school next week... I don't think I can wander up to northern ON by then. :P

I can't wait to watch you start studying again.

O.M.G. Our place is a mess right now. :eek: So much for the promise that "the unpackers will unpack for you." Nope, turns out, they just have to remove the stuff from the boxes, but they can put it randomly anywhere. *sigh* So, there's lots of work to be done (I'm taking a break right now.)

On the good news front, however, I met with my program chair this morning, and I got a bunch more transfer credit. :D So yay, I don't have to re-do first year chem or nutrition, and he's going to try to get me out of first year English since I already have a degree, and had to do plenty of writing for all of my engineering design courses and my final design project/undergrad thesis.

Unfortunately, at this point, the alternate courses I can register in are all full, but I've put myself on the 'watch list' to be informed the minute a spot opens up!

And one piece of "meh" news: the nutrition/dietetics program is getting harder and harder to get into, since more and more students want to get into it, and there aren't enough resources. So now I have another very good reason to aim for a high GPA since my back-up plan needs it! I just hope I can pull it off after being out of school for, well, almost 10 years now (yes, I'm older than your average pre-med, but most of you had already figured that out. ;)) But that's also why I HAVE a back-up plan, since nothing is certain at this point. Just my back-up plan might not be as easy to get into as I hoped (anticipated GPA cut-off of 3.5 - lower than med I know, but still high for a "back up plan.")

It's also funny - since I already have a degree in biological engineering, the program chair was trying to convince me to study the food science and technology major. I guess they have a lot of food engineers as faculty and no undergrads interested in working in their labs. ;) But I really want to work in some health-care related field - that's what interests me. So I guess I'll have to decide what to do if I don't get the GPA needed for meds or dietetics.

deeman studies?

Yup. Usually the night before exams, apparently. I don't even know how that's possible.:confused:

I'm interested in seeing whether this technique continues to be successful in med.

O.M.G. Our place is a mess right now. :eek:

At least it's all here now! And unpacking can be so much fun. :D

Yup. Usually the night before exams, apparently. I don't even know how that's possible.:confused:

I'm interested in seeing whether this technique continues to be successful in med.

Well it worked fine for malkynn last year. If my cognitive capacity is as great as hers I'll be ok. :P

College Sent Out False Acceptances Due to Glitch

If this happened here with meds, I don't even know what would happen haha

Lmao! That sucks so bad!

Btw to any forum members that know me in person, I'm going to another track session on saturday evening. Anybody wanna come ride along with me? No screamers. (*ahem* leon...jk :P)

LMAO...poor Leon.

I wanna come, but I'm not close enough yet...and I don't recall screaming while you made illegal u-turns in city traffic...perhaps I cursed?

Btw to any forum members that know me in person, I'm going to another track session on saturday evening. Anybody wanna come ride along with me? No screamers. (*ahem* leon...jk :P)

LOL - too bad I'm drowning in exams. Btw, you only freaked me out that time long ago because that was my very second time on a highway. :P

Me too! I'm reading the book right now :)

omg omg, i sooo badly wanna watch: eat, pray, love. i loved the book, and i love that julia roberts is in it!!! yes!!! aug 13th can't come soon enough. :D

Me too!!! I'm just worried no one else from my friends will want to see it. Le sigh. :o

Me too! I'm reading the book right now :)

Yes!! Isn't it great!?

Me too!!! I'm just worried no one else from my friends will want to see it. Le sigh. :o

I ran into the same problem, my friends were like, "Nah, that's too boring." So now I'm going to take my Mom! Mother-daughter quality time this Fri. hehe. :D

Archived