Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was upset too. But then I realized that a Djokovic vs. Murray match would be pretty fun to watch (even though Murray would probably dominate that match but they both like long rallies so... it would be anyone's game). So I started cheering for Djokovic for the first time in my life - not that I didn't want Federer to win, but I wanted to change up the scenery. Now that Federer won - well, let's face it, if he plays like this tomorrow, he will lose. Murray will kill him. If Murray's game is on, he will leave Federer in dust. Mentally, Federer is stronger. However, Murray played some incredible tennis today.

Nadal was there for Federer's match tonight. I'm hoping he'll be there tomorrow too.

Btw, is your username from that song "Don't Stop Believing"? I absolutely love that song.

Do you have tickets to the match too?

I was just really looking forward to Nadal vs. Federer because they always have the BEST matches! They both manage to bring out the best in each other and going into those matches, you can NEVER predict the outcome. I love how strong Federer is mentally, though...he never loses his temper or smashes his racket like a little kid (ahem ahem Djokovic ahem). I'm looking forward to seeing him play........but Nadal will always have my heart :D

and yep...it's from "Don't Stop Believing" :). #1: I love that song. #2: I'm a Glee fanatic :). #3: still lookin' for that city boy :o LOL

Do you have tickets to the match too?

I was just really looking forward to Nadal vs. Federer because they always have the BEST matches! They both manage to bring out the best in each other and going into those matches, you can NEVER predict the outcome. I love how strong Federer is mentally, though...he never loses his temper or smashes his racket like a little kid (ahem ahem Djokovic ahem). I'm looking forward to seeing him play........but Nadal will always have my heart :D

and yep...it's from "Don't Stop Believing". #1: I love that song. #2: I'm a Glee fanatic . #3: still lookin' for that city boy LOL

I don't have tickets to the match. :( I wish I did. Do you? Instead I'll be watching it on TV. Well, yeah, I dislike Djokovic because of his whining and because he tends to retire when he's losing. However, Murray is playing well. It should be a good match tomorrow (nothing against Nadal). I wish R.o.d.d.i.c.k (forum censored his last name - LMAO) didn't pretend he was sick because he has really worked on his game and I was looking forward to seeing him in the finals. I only started to warm up to Nadal recently. I am a big fan of Federer (so is my family) so I always wanted Federer to win. I still believe that, while Nadal is one of the best players, he probably won't reach the greatness of Federer. Maybe I'm wrong.

Haha. Yeah, the song reminds me of a boy. :P

I don't have tickets to the match. :( I wish I did. Do you? Instead I'll be watching it on TV. Well, yeah, I dislike Djokovic because of his whining and because he tends to retire when he's losing. However, Murray is playing well. It should be a good match tomorrow (nothing against Nadal). I wish R.o.d.d.i.c.k (forum censored his last name - LMAO) didn't pretend he was sick because he has really worked on his game and I was looking forward to seeing him in the finals. I only started to warm up to Nadal recently. I am a big fan of Federer (so is my family) so I always wanted Federer to win. I still believe that, while Nadal is one of the best players, he probably won't reach the greatness of Federer. Maybe I'm wrong.

Haha. Yeah, the song reminds me of a boy. :P

LMAO I can't believe R.o.d.d.i.c.k's name was censored! haha

I'm not really a huge fan of Rod****. He's so...up and down and up and down and just not consistent at all. haha I'm a die-hard Nadal fan, though...he's still got many years ahead of him to achieve Federer's greatness! Federer's 29, and Nadal's what, 23??

And yep, I've got tickets!! Excited to watch Federer play!!! :D

Wow! Congrats on the awesome score!!! (I know I'm a little late:o. Haven't been on here in awhile!) I ended up with a 32R- 9VR (dammit- went down 2 points from last time), 11 BS (up a point), and 12PS (:eek: 4 point improvement?! In my worst subject?! Awesome! haha). A pretty decent improvement from my 29Q the first time I wrote it. So mad about VR though. Ugh, I hope it'll be good enough, because I'd rather not rewrite it again....

Attagirl, congrats cnb! That should set you up nicely for this upcoming year. Are we going to be application buddies along with mcat writing buddies?

LMAO I can't believe R.o.d.d.i.c.k's name was censored! haha

I'm not really a huge fan of Rod****. He's so...up and down and up and down and just not consistent at all. haha I'm a die-hard Nadal fan, though...he's still got many years ahead of him to achieve Federer's greatness! Federer's 29, and Nadal's what, 23??

And yep, I've got tickets!! Excited to watch Federer play!!! :D

Have fun today!!! I played on that very centre court like 3 years in a row. The feeling is... goose bumpy. lol. :D Yeah, Nadal is 23 but I still don't think he will achieve the greatness of Federer. We'll see though.

Living in a looonnnneellly world!

She took the midnight train goin' anywhereeeeee

Now we just need that city boy to reply to this post :P

Not much happening today on this thread.

Heya f_d. I'm continuing to unpack, planning my courses for the next couple of years, and patiently waiting for spots to open up in courses. :P

Spent this morning looking at next year's courses (I won't be applying to med until next year's application cycle begins, assuming all goes well this year) and, if courses have the same schedule that they have this year, then I will definitely have some conflicts. :( Hopefully next year's schedule for these single-section classes will change, but since I'm not exactly following the standard course progression, I'm not holding my breath. :P

Now, for one of the courses, Guelph does offer a similar course through distance ed, so I think I'll submit a letter of permission request and see what happens. All they can say is no. ;)

And yes, I'm getting way ahead of myself, but hey, it's something to do while I'm waiting for course spots to open up!

so I think I'll submit a letter of permission request and see what happens. All they can say is no. ;)

And yes, I'm getting way ahead of myself, but hey, it's something to do while I'm waiting for course spots to open up!

that's the spirit and attitude, distance ed. is an excellent idea. :)

As for getting ahead of yourself, this is called pre-planning and is smart too. :P

Man eats grandmother, alive.

Headline of the day.

CONGRATS on all the awesome MCATs!

I personally think it's more time effective to concentrate on PS, because many many of the MCAT writers are going to have a background in BS. It's easier to get to the top of the bell curve when there aren't so many gunning for it.

Nah, I find Federer to be one of the more humble guys on the tour.

Too bad Djokovic didn't make it through, my friend who works at the Rogers cup encountered him a couple times, he is hilarious (the last time they had the men's event in Toronto and he got knocked out, he was sitting in the halls asking the staff for vodka and he took a walkie talkie trying to convince the person on the other side that they were out of good Russian vodka, lol)

Anyone have any experience with distance ed or online courses at universities other than Athabasca, Waterloo or Guelph?

I may need to pick up a couple of credits next summer and I'm wondering if there are other places I should be looking.

Thanks! :)

You can try MUN too--MUN was a lot easier to deal with than Athabasca. While AU has a lot of benefits (6mths to complete the course, start date is varied, retake exams, lots of support material...) it's really expensive--744 for one course and you have to pay the invigilators yourself (unless you're near the school) and if you don't find an exam site close enough to you, you have to apply 60days ahead of time and pay a fee to have it changed. I had to drive 5.5hrs for my midterm and spend a night in a hotel and had to have the exam emergency faxed to me due to their errors and lack of care. Other than that, it's all right. Lol.

Only problem I've had with MUN: the limitation on the courses--you may not get what you want to take, but here's the listings:

http://www.distance.mun.ca/

http://www.distance.mun.ca/future/courseprogram/listings.php?S=ListingsSubjects2&SEM=Fall%202010

*snip*

Only problem I've had with MUN: the limitation on the courses--you may not get what you want to take, but here's the listings:

http://www.distance.mun.ca/

http://www.distance.mun.ca/future/courseprogram/listings.php?S=ListingsSubjects2&SEM=Fall%202010

Thanks for the suggestion and the links. :) I've actually had good luck with Athabasca so far - took one nutrition and two German courses with them, but I was living in Ottawa at the time, so they had an exam centre at one of the local community colleges.

My husband graduated from MUN - no doubt he would find it amusing if I took a course there! :D

Awww. 3 am is crazy early!

The midnight crossing doesn't have any cabins left--just berths, so we're taking the 3am. I would prefer to leave when the sun comes up so we can take one last beautiful drive along this coast, but the ferry ride is too long. This also lets me take my pets on since we have a cabin.

FD: Church, homemade turkey soup, a kid's birthday party, and now study. Busy.

Nah, I find Federer to be one of the more humble guys on the tour.

Too bad Djokovic didn't make it through, my friend who works at the Rogers cup encountered him a couple times, he is hilarious (the last time they had the men's event in Toronto and he got knocked out, he was sitting in the halls asking the staff for vodka and he took a walkie talkie trying to convince the person on the other side that they were out of good Russian vodka, lol)

While he might be funny (not funnier than Andy R.o.d.d.i.c.k btw - check out some Andy bloopers on youtube and you'll see what I mean), he's not that great of a tennis player. I was cheering for him yesterday only because I wanted to see him play Murray. Otherwise, knowing everything I know of him, I don't think that much of him. Technically, I should be cheering for him.

Aren't they both arrogant?

Nah. Andy Murray fights with everyone (even the players on tour) and he's sometimes very rude. I remember once he started swearing at some fans in Serbian. Too bad that I actually understood what he was saying - maybe my opinion of him would have been different. Just overall - not good sportmanship. Federer on the other hand did not insult anyone and he's been really nice to his fans. Btw, he's allowed to be arrogant - he was #1 for a really long time and let's face it, is one of the greatest tennis players. So, that he's kept being a down-to-earth person and a good role model is enough for me to respect him.

Archived