Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I'm pretty good with tipping. F_d, I can't rationalize why you think cab drivers are not worthy of a tip. I tip cabbies for picking me out of a crowd of people hailing cabs, for getting me home safely in a very efficient manner, and putting up with a lot of crap.

If the cabbie does something special, e.g., with luggage, picks you upon a rany day when others are hailing him too, gets you to an appointment on time, etc. But for just a routine drive, I am giving him my business, he is earning a fare b/c of me - and normally no tip. The fare increases that occur regularly enough cover it from muy perspective anyhow.

I tip at a bar if its busy and I ask for something special. I don't think that twisting off a beer cap deserves a tip, however.

absolutely agree with you

Same thing goes with eating at stores/restaurants. I tip at a restaurant unless I'm treated terribly. But when I go somewhere like Booster Juice, and they have a tip option on the debit menu, I always decline it. People need to do something above and beyond making the food I paid them to make to get a tip.

Agreed.

And perhaps when I do have the luxury of disposable income, I will l then be more generous - especially to students who are working their way through school in summer (and beyond), and they are especially deserving! :)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, every time I promise myself I won't get my hopes up.

But I do.

And then it just sucks.

But I think I'm a smart girl and I shouldn't have to put up with this.

And that there are better things out there.

As I get older, I start to realize.

Maybe there aren't.

FML.

awe did the mods delete the f_d thread?

It certaimly was not my thread. :eek:

Rude, reprehensible attack threads are unacceptable on this forum.

G.O.B., if still a member, is not a member in goos standing, considering the consistent attack behavior im public and private. Arroagnce, lack of humilty and bad judgment does not go well with the med profession. I have a lengthy PM ready to got to G.O.B. where I repeat my forgiveness, offer peace and even suggestions for getting into med school. G.O.B. is on Dean's Honour List at Ottawa, father is a doc, very high GPA, limited volunteering, don;t know about ECs and is going to try as 3rd yr applicant to get into U/O this cycle. I believe G.O.B. will return under a new user name. My ready-to-go PM is titled FOR PUBLICATION and perhaps, I will publish it on WED later, or wait for G.O.B.'s next thread about f_d. The thread was somewhat a crock of $*%*.

It seems that every August, there are serious attacks on f_d and then the attackers eave the forum. To be continued next August perhaps. :eek:

Leon, you made a comment, on a thread now deleted, that my posts will exceed those of The Law very,very soon, haha. :D Think again.

He joined exactly 4 years ago and posts about 3,000/yr.

There is a lovely lady, about to move to NB, whose posts exceed that number and it is she who shall soon enough have more posts than any of us, i.e., Cnussey will eventually set the record, with 3,700 posts in 13 mo., running @ 3,400/yr. :P

You are running at 2,100/yr., and rmorelan, a member for 25 months, is running @ 1,960/yr.

Being a member for 20 months, my posts run at about 2,700/yr. Therefore, The Law will always remain ahead. :P of me and it is only a matter of time for Cnussey to overtake everybody and set a world record. :P

Leon, you made a comment, on a thread now deleted, that my posts will exceed those of The Law very,very soon, haha. :D Think again.

He joined exactly 4 years ago and posts about 3,000/yr.

There is a lovely lady, about to move to NB, whose posts exceed that number and it is she who shall soon enough have more posts than any of us, i.e., Cnussey will eventually set the record, with 3,700 posts in 13 mo., running @ 3,400/yr. :P

You are running at 2,100/yr., and rmorelan, a member for 25 months, is running @ 1,960/yr.

Being a member for 20 months, my posts run at about 2,700/yr. Therefore, The Law will always remain ahead. :P of me and it is only a matter of time for Cnussey to overtake everybody and set a world record.

Clearly someone has way too much time on their hands. :P

Btw you might wanna tone down the emoticon usage. Makes hard to put one in my reply! (Insert tongue emoticon here, had there have been less emoticons in f_d's post)

Clearly someone has way too much time on their hands. :P

Well said young man! :P I agree with your statement!

Btw you might wanna tone down the emoticon usage. Makes hard to put one in my reply! (Insert tongue emoticon here, had there have been less emoticons in f_d's post)

I will try to remember. :D Oh, when you copy my post, you can remove the emoticins, thereby giving you the ability to add youur own and remain w/i the limit.

what is Winnipegosis? lol. Sounds like a cool name though.

a village of 630 souls surrounded by farms, has a beach on Lake Winnipegosis

it is 400 km northwest of Winnipeg

there is one B & B in the town for up to 13 guests, no extra charge if you become pregnanat dring the overnight stay, rooms have no locks :P

I actually have no other plans because I fail at friend-communication. So, unless there's something else exciting going on in Winnipeg tonight that someone tells me about, I might as well go to Winnipegosis and drink myself into another stupor......last one for eight months! I don't imagine I'll get to go out much now that I work full time, take full time classes and have my daughter half the time. It'll prolly be fun. At the very least, it should make for good Facebook pics.

Archived