Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unless there's something else exciting going on in Winnipeg tonight that someone tells me about, I might as well go to Winnipegosis and drink myself into another stupor......last one for eight months!

Kathryn, so long as you don't drive home, there is a dedicated driver or you sleep over there. :) It's a loooongg way to go to party, :D gotta be something goin' on that's closer.

Boom boom shickaroom like it's dynamite.

Hubba, hubba.

....come to Winnipegosis with me tonight? Apparently there's a social.

There's probably going to be a significant amount of "boom boom shickaroom"-ing going on.

My kinda "social."

Haha, sounds like my kinda place!

Snicker...simple minds think alike.

The house is full of nothing but boxes. How did we accumulate so much stuff in ONE YEAR? :eek:

Moving on Thursday!

Leon, my moving company arrives....anytime now....holy ****ing crow there's a lot of crap in my house.

The house is full of nothing but boxes. How did we accumulate so much stuff in ONE YEAR? :eek:

Moving on Thursday!

Hehe! Good luck with the move. :) My husband and I were totally shocked by all the junk we managed to accumulate in four years in Munich. :eek: Then there is the stuff we put into storage before moving to Germany - when we were unpacking it here we were like "why on Earth did we keep this?" :P One good thing about army life: having to move every 2-4 years helps us weed out the accumulated junk, since otherwise, my husband and I both have pack-rat tendencies.

Done my schedule for September/October/November/December. All I can say is some weeks are pretty terrible..... other weeks are effing awesome. However, traveling between York and University of Waterloo = SUCKS. Traffic sucks. Time to get a car.

That kind of travel sounds like it calls for a car.

In other news (honestly, I'm not trying to increase my post count, I just can't be bothered to do the edit post thing atm), I'm very tempted to drop orgo II this fall and take "Animal Science 110: Introduction to Equine Science"

I LOVE horses and have ridden since I was 12 (and that's how I fractured my L2 vertebra - falling off a horse while jumping :P), so the subject matter would be of interest to me. It's a first year course, so it's bound to be relatively easy, at least compared to my third year courses, and hey, it's not orgo. ;)

If I do that, I guess I just need to commit to taking the organic chemistry next summer, and not worry about finding a job (honestly, my husband can support both of us, so I don't really NEED to work next summer but money is always nice). I don't know why I'm so hesitant to drop orgo II, other than the fact that I absolutely have to have it completed before next Fall, since I won't be applying to meds until next summer, and I'll need orgo II to proceed in my current program next September.

I'm so indecisive. :P

Here we go again, Caylynn.

My suggestion, Orgo next summer. It will be tough during the normal academc year and could bring your GPA down. Summeris the time to focus on it.

Taking "Animal Science 110: Introduction to Equine Science" is a no-brainer, fun, sitmulating, motivating - and yes, easy - for any horse:p lover and you will do well too! :P

You are most welcome :P for helping you think it through.

Next?

I actually have no other plans because I fail at friend-communication. So, unless there's something else exciting going on in Winnipeg tonight that someone tells me about, I might as well go to Winnipegosis and drink myself into another stupor......last one for eight months! I don't imagine I'll get to go out much now that I work full time, take full time classes and have my daughter half the time. It'll prolly be fun. At the very least, it should make for good Facebook pics.

We should totally go shopping sometime :)

Here we go again, Caylynn.

My suggestion, Orgo next summer. It will be tough during the normal academc year and could bring your GPA down. Summeris the time to focus on it.

Taking "Animal Science 110: Introduction to Equine Science" is a no-brainer, fun, sitmulating, motivating - and yes, easy - for any horse lover and you will do well too!

You are most welcome for helping you think it through.

Next?

I know, I know - I was going to drop it and take the Recreation course, but the stupid thing filled up in the time I made the decision and went back to register in it. :P At least the Rec course would have counted towards my minor - the equine science obviously won't, but ah well, GPA is king/queen, so yeah, I'll focus on that.

So organic is gone! :D I've registered in equine science and I'm still on the "watch list" for the recreation course, so if spots open up, I can see if I can get in.

The other nice thing now: only one lab course in the fall (food microbiology) and two lab courses in the winter (both first year "easy" labs though: general chem II and intro cell bio).

Labs are always my downfall - I break so much glassware it isn't funny (no worries, I don't plan on going into surgery or anything else where I need fine motor control. :P)

So organic is gone! :D I've registered in equine science and I'm still on the "watch list" for the recreation course, so if spots open up, I can see if I can get in.

The other nice thing now: only one lab course in the fall (food microbiology) and two lab courses in the winter (both first year "easy" labs though: general chem II and intro cell bio).

:P So, all is good! :P

Archived