Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Hehe! Good luck with the move. :) My husband and I were totally shocked by all the junk we managed to accumulate in four years in Munich. :eek: Then there is the stuff we put into storage before moving to Germany - when we were unpacking it here we were like "why on Earth did we keep this?" :P One good thing about army life: having to move every 2-4 years helps us weed out the accumulated junk, since otherwise, my husband and I both have pack-rat tendencies.

Thanks. Yes, there is so much junk. I'm surprised the garbage people took everything we put out!

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My husband and I were totally shocked by all the junk we managed to accumulate in four years in Munich. Then there is the stuff we put into storage before moving to Germany - when we were unpacking it here we were like "why on Earth did we keep this?" One good thing about army life: having to move every 2-4 years helps us weed out the accumulated junk, since otherwise, my husband and I both have pack-rat tendencies.

I am trying to pare everything down more and more. The opportunity cost of keeping stuff is just so high.

I have a flow chart card in my dayplanner to help me with this, it looks like this:

Can I replace this?

|..............................|

v..............................v

Yes...........................No

|..............................|

v..............................v

Then get rid of it <-- Yes, you can

:D:P:D

I'm getting nervous for first year university with now 2 weeks from move in day :P:P

ps. I hate it when the forums i like die :(

pss. Leon I still remember my first post on premed101; you took the time to take a screen shot of the website, circle the search button and post it on my thread :D:D

You will be fine ygella. Transition, moving away from home for the first time is always a diifcult and exciting time. You will fit right in. Just remember, do not allow yorself to be tempted by the many distractions surrounding you. Especially in the first term, you will need focus, discipline, time management skills and academics must be your only priority. Stay up to date with your lectures and assignments. If you run into problems, don't wait, go to counselling, find out the problem, there is normally peer tutoring and professional tutoring available. Best of luck! Enjoy the journey....

I don't remember the last time I did an all-nighter while raining. I completely forgot how nice it is to write a manuscript while listening to the sound of rain. It actually motivated me to keep on writing and right now I'm reviewing it, and I can say that I finally got to the point of some pretty superior writing. Obviously, there are always ways to improve, but this is one of my best written pieces ever.

I also managed to finish up an online CV, which I've been planning to do in the longest while. I really don't know what got into me yesterday. But it was a good night.

I don't remember the last time I did an all-nighter while raining...... and I can say that I finally got to the point of some pretty superior writing..... this is one of my best written pieces ever.

I also managed to finish up an online CV, which I've been planning to do in the longest while. I really don't know what got into me yesterday. But it was a good night.

May you have many all-nighters like that in the future! :)

pss. Leon I still remember my first post on premed101; you took the time to take a screen shot of the website, circle the search button and post it on my thread :D:D

hahaha, that was you? lol. I just went and checked it:

ygella, I know our responses may seem mean and/or harsh but this topic has been discussed over and over. I hope you stick around because the forum is bountless with info.

Glad you decided to stick around! :D

We should totally go shopping sometime :)

YES! At the very least, we need to do lunch/Thorlakson vendors when you're back in class, if you're not already. I haven't been to Brodie for a while so I don't actually know if everyone's back yet.

lol, I don't drink ... but we could sushi-it up :)

Believe me, after this totally EPIC weekend, I don't anymore either. I came back damaged. Plus, we finally went to bed at 7am and the wind collapsed our tent totally at 8am. It was a looooong drive home. We ended up taking naps in a farmers field around Minnedosa.

Seriously though, I've never had more fun in my LIFE as I did this weekend.

LOL! I remember that! I too am glad you stuck around. I had a similar experience with n00b once and I'm still mad at him, haha.

Archived