Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I just revised my interview attire - got a new black suit (with pants and skirt!) from Le Chateau and two blue dress shirts from Mexx.

After trying on a gazillion grey suits, I discovered that all grey suits are unflattering and make me look fat. Back to black it is.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. There are PILOTS in Winnipeg! They're WAY sexier ;) and I'm sure Larva would agree.

lol, dated one, he wasn't very fun :P

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember I wear nylons + heels in -45.

TEACH ME

Have you ever seen my strange addiction? I watched it last night with my boyfriend. There was one woman addicted to buying shoes. She had hundreds of pairs, and my boyfriend was like, "That's not wierd, I thought every girl had that many shoes." And I was like, "can you buy me 100 pairs, please?" He did not like that suggestion...

I have the perfect solution- my sig other has many vehicles (becuase we sell used parts), and I will NEVER complain (well, not often) because he is not allowed to complain about the number of shoes I own if I am not allowed to complain about the number of cars.

Yeah, I don't have that height issue. I'm 5'0"... on a good day.

Sometimes I wish I was 5'0". Then I'd be little and cute. :)

I am the tall one in my family, at 5'3.5". Taller than all my sisters, cousins, aunts.

I must admit, being little and cute has it's advantages.

1. dancing is never awkward

2. doing the limbo is super easy (provided you're flexible)

3. you look younger than your real age (this will come in handy... one day)

4. getting shocked faces from people who think you're too young to drive a car

5. it's easy to get your way. Just smile. Even frowning is cute.

Disadvantages to being small and/or cute:

1. small hands (although this can be an advantage)

2. too small to donate blood

3. pants are always too long

4. it's impossible to look intimidating or mad. people think it's adorable. (this is ridiculously frustrating)

5. mouse voice

6. little legs = slow walker (tall girls, my gosh, you walk fast!)

7. it's reaaaaalllly hard to look elegant.

There's advantages and disadvantages! We just have to be happy with who we are, chicas.

Truth in the "never looking intimidating" part, but it can come in SUPER handy. In fact, it will come in super handy as a physician because you will not look intimidating, people trust you implicitly, and will tell you everything (for some reason, everyone wnats to confide in me).

BUT- I am a fast walker. And I can look elegant whenever I wish. But then again, I think I'm tall because I am taller than my sisters. Think tall and you'll look it.

I do hope you're not planning on wearing those in -45 degrees?

I just revised my interview attire - got a new black suit (with pants and skirt!) from Le Chateau and two blue dress shirts from Mexx.

After trying on a gazillion grey suits, I discovered that all grey suits are unflattering and make me look fat. Back to black it is.

Did your MEXX have a sale on? I got 2 shirts, 2 skirts, and fantastic black pants for $150 yesterday.

Black is better for winter interviews anyways.

Why do you call Karma 'larva'? Am i missing something?

Larva = another member here. :D

TEACH ME

Have you ever seen my strange addiction? I watched it last night with my boyfriend. There was one woman addicted to buying shoes. She had hundreds of pairs, and my boyfriend was like, "That's not wierd, I thought every girl had that many shoes." And I was like, "can you buy me 100 pairs, please?" He did not like that suggestion...

I have the perfect solution- my sig other has many vehicles (becuase we sell used parts), and I will NEVER complain (well, not often) because he is not allowed to complain about the number of shoes I own if I am not allowed to complain about the number of cars.

I am the tall one in my family, at 5'3.5". Taller than all my sisters, cousins, aunts.

4. it's impossible to look intimidating or mad. people think it's adorable. (this is ridiculously frustrating)

5. mouse voice

There's advantages and disadvantages! We just have to be happy with who we are, chicas.

Truth in the "never looking intimidating" part, but it can come in SUPER handy. In fact, it will come in super handy as a physician because you will not look intimidating, people trust you implicitly, and will tell you everything (for some reason, everyone wnats to confide in me).

BUT- I am a fast walker. And I can look elegant whenever I wish. But then again, I think I'm tall because I am taller than my sisters. Think tall and you'll look it.

Did your MEXX have a sale on? I got 2 shirts, 2 skirts, and fantastic black pants for $150 yesterday.

TEACH ME

5. mouse voice

Naturaliser shoes are comfy!! Good choice ren!

I references Larva in the post because she is also a pilot, not because she had anything else to do with that post. Sorry for the confusion; I'm not always the most logical person :P

Naturaliser shoes are comfy!!

Agree. I'm wearing Naturalizer pumps to my interviews :)

Yup. Not as great a deal as yours. I got "regular priced items" for 30% off, which isn't half bad. Two dress shirts for 100 ish I believe? Original price was something closer to 80 a piece.

Also got a new pair of weatherproof leather boots for $50 from capezio. They were originally 200 but it was a mismatched pair - 6 and a 6.5 - so they sold it to me cheap and you pretty much can't tell that they're mismatched. :o

I references Larva in the post because she is also a pilot, not because she had anything else to do with that post. Sorry for the confusion; I'm not always the most logical person :P

Yup. Not as great a deal as yours. I got "regular priced items" for 30% off, which isn't half bad. Two dress shirts for 100 ish I believe? Original price was something closer to 80 a piece.

Also got a new pair of weatherproof leather boots for $50 from capezio. They were originally 200 but it was a mismatched pair - 6 and a 6.5 - so they sold it to me cheap and you pretty much can't tell that they're mismatched. :o

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. There are PILOTS in Winnipeg! They're WAY sexier ;) and I'm sure Larva would agree.

Hmm...after listening to about 10 years of "guy talk" from pilots I'm not sure I can recommend a pilot to anyone!!!

Besides, I think I already nabbed the best one ;)

I tried to get a suit for my interviews at Mexx. I bought a jacket that was majorly on sale and later bought a black skirt that I assumed would match. Not so much!! Gah! I ended up wearing a black pencil skirt and blue cardigan at UBC last weekend, and felt fine in it! Most people were in suits though.

PS I'm loving all the girl talk in the WED thread today!

Hmm...after listening to about 10 years of "guy talk" from pilots I'm not sure I can recommend a pilot to anyone!!!

I tried to get a suit for my interviews at Mexx. I bought a jacket that was majorly on sale and later bought a black skirt that I assumed would match. Not so much!! Gah! I ended up wearing a black pencil skirt and blue cardigan at UBC last weekend, and felt fine in it! Most people were in suits though.

your signature kicks ass

Thanks!

I can't wear heels... me and heels have a mutual dislike for one another.

Me too! I only own 3 pairs of heels - 2 of which I can hardly wear and can only last at most an hour in. I think I'm going to invest in one of Dr. Scholl's "flats on the go" http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/forher.jsp

3. pants are always too long4. it's impossible to look intimidating or mad. people think it's adorable. (this is ridiculously frustrating)

5. mouse voice

OMG! It's always so hard for me to buy pants because they're always sooooo long so I have to constantly search through the piles of jeans looking for my size + the word "short" on it LOL. And the last point of elegance - holds true especially when it comes to long evening gowns T_T

your signature kicks ass

Thanks!

Me too! I only own 3 pairs of heels - 2 of which I can hardly wear and can only last at most an hour in. I think I'm going to invest in one of Dr. Scholl's "flats on the go" http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/forher.jsp

3. pants are always too long4. it's impossible to look intimidating or mad. people think it's adorable. (this is ridiculously frustrating)

5. mouse voice

OMG! It's always so hard for me to buy pants because they're always sooooo long so I have to constantly search through the piles of jeans looking for my size + the word "short" on it LOL. And the last point of elegance - holds true especially when it comes to long evening gowns T_T

your signature kicks ass

Thanks!

5. mouse voice

Archived