Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Larva = another member here. :D

I references Larva in the post because she is also a pilot, not because she had anything else to do with that post. Sorry for the confusion; I'm not always the most logical person :P

Hmm...after listening to about 10 years of "guy talk" from pilots I'm not sure I can recommend a pilot to anyone!!!

Besides, I think I already nabbed the best one ;)

I tried to get a suit for my interviews at Mexx. I bought a jacket that was majorly on sale and later bought a black skirt that I assumed would match. Not so much!! Gah! I ended up wearing a black pencil skirt and blue cardigan at UBC last weekend, and felt fine in it! Most people were in suits though.

PS I'm loving all the girl talk in the WED thread today!

Ahhh. My apologies. :)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I references Larva in the post because she is also a pilot, not because she had anything else to do with that post. Sorry for the confusion; I'm not always the most logical person :P

Hmm...after listening to about 10 years of "guy talk" from pilots I'm not sure I can recommend a pilot to anyone!!!

I tried to get a suit for my interviews at Mexx. I bought a jacket that was majorly on sale and later bought a black skirt that I assumed would match. Not so much!! Gah! I ended up wearing a black pencil skirt and blue cardigan at UBC last weekend, and felt fine in it! Most people were in suits though.

I have the perfect solution- my sig other has many vehicles (becuase we sell used parts), and I will NEVER complain (well, not often) because he is not allowed to complain about the number of shoes I own if I am not allowed to complain about the number of cars.

Ohh nice!

Truth in the "never looking intimidating" part, but it can come in SUPER handy. In fact, it will come in super handy as a physician because you will not look intimidating, people trust you implicitly, and will tell you everything (for some reason, everyone wnats to confide in me).

I understand what you mean about the whole everyone wanting to confide in you. A research participant told me a couple of days ago that I did a great job in our testing session because she felt so comfortable with me. And that she's done a lot of research participation and I was the first one that made her feel relaxed and not intimidated. That was really nice :)

BUT- I am a fast walker. And I can look elegant whenever I wish. But then again, I think I'm tall because I am taller than my sisters. Think tall and you'll look it.

Yeah, I am the shortest person in my family. Do you wear heels, Kyla?

I have the perfect solution- my sig other has many vehicles (becuase we sell used parts), and I will NEVER complain (well, not often) because he is not allowed to complain about the number of shoes I own if I am not allowed to complain about the number of cars.

Ohh nice!

Truth in the "never looking intimidating" part, but it can come in SUPER handy. In fact, it will come in super handy as a physician because you will not look intimidating, people trust you implicitly, and will tell you everything (for some reason, everyone wnats to confide in me).

I understand what you mean about the whole everyone wanting to confide in you. A research participant told me a couple of days ago that I did a great job in our testing session because she felt so comfortable with me. And that she's done a lot of research participation and I was the first one that made her feel relaxed and not intimidated. That was really nice :)

BUT- I am a fast walker. And I can look elegant whenever I wish. But then again, I think I'm tall because I am taller than my sisters. Think tall and you'll look it.

Yeah, I am the shortest person in my family. Do you wear heels, Kyla?

Archived