Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished my first hockey game of the season. First time on the ice in almost two years. Was battling with a guy in front of my net, tried to lift his stick but missed and got him between the legs - he responded with a pretty nice right hook. I suppose that's a fair trade.

LOL.

Hockey fights. <3

It's interesting that when I'm studying for the material in med school, it doesn't actually feel like studying, at least not like it did in undergrad. It feels more like learning and expanding your mind. The latter two things seem to be lost in an undergrad education whose function for many pre-meds is as a disposable stepping stone and as a means to play a game of GPA boosting and extracurricular fluff. It's a nice relief, actually.

It's interesting that when I'm studying for the material in med school, it doesn't actually feel like studying, at least not like it did in undergrad. It feels more like learning and expanding your mind. The latter two things seem to be lost in an undergrad education whose function for many pre-meds is as a disposable stepping stone and as a means to play a game of GPA boosting and extracurricular fluff. It's a nice relief, actually.

It still feels like studying.

I thought I would finally introduce myself and start posting on this thread :P !

Welcome! You'll have to submit your name, address, copy of official transcript to myself or one of the other regulars for assessment purposes. If you make the initial cut off, we will then interview you MMI style and then proceed to send you an email that is the opposite of our decision, then an email acknowledging our mistake and then a third email that is actually our decision.

:D

Welcome! You'll have to submit your name, address, copy of official transcript to myself or one of the other regulars for assessment purposes. If you make the initial cut off, we will then interview you MMI style and then proceed to send you an email that is the opposite of our decision, then an email acknowledging our mistake and then a third email that is actually our decision.

:D

Sounds like somebody goes to Queen's...

Ugh... I cannot wait for the day when we finally have Tricorders where they can tell you what's wrong instantaneously.....

Waiting for tests and then waiting for test results is annoying (and worries me... which doesn't help things).

On a different note... almost half done OMSAS and Calgary (I seriously LOVE how they roll over all your info from the year before. Why can't OMSAS do that?:rolleyes:)

Anyone know why printers like to eat paper? Like all of a sudden? Did I miss its monthly feeding or something and now it's taking revenge on my notes? I've had to clear about 6 paper jams. It'll spit out a good page... and then eat the next. W.T.F?

nah, I'm in UT undergrad, applying to meds this cycle for the first time. I was just re reading some of last year's funny threads

That wasn't funny! Not if you were in it! :P

You were rejected!

No wait! Maybe not!

Yeah. Definitely were. Sucker.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Sorry for the double post... saw Leon's post after I'd already posted!

nah, I'm in UT undergrad, applying to meds this cycle for the first time. I was just re reading some of last year's funny threads

Oh.. do you have any recs for funny threads?? (No I'm not procrastinating with midterms around the corner, absolutely not!) ;)

It's 7:30 and I'm barely staying awake... Must.Read.Through.Biocell.Notes!! And pre-read microbio for tomorrow and study again. I was going to watch CSI at 10 tonight but I don't think I'll make it!

:eek:

Name: Mr. Mysterioso

Address : Mr. Mysterioso land.

Official transcript : GPA = infinity

LOL.

Do I pass :P?

.... I tried to come up with something witty but anatomy took up all of my creative juices :(

I'm sorry Ekylo... If you wanna post here, never mind get into medz, your GPA needs to be AT LEAST infinity^infinity. Who do you think you're kidding with that GPA?;)

Which is better? Rogers or Bell? :confused: I am looking to be wise with my monthly spending.... and would like y'all's input on which co. offers more bang for its buck. Also if you can, please rate customer service, if you've had any experience with them.

Thank you muchly. :)

Don't go with Rogers... I've heard nothing but bad things about them from SO many people.

As for Bell... they're not all that much better from what I hear.

What's this for? Cell? Internetz? Phone? TV?

Which is better? Rogers or Bell? :confused: I am looking to be wise with my monthly spending.... and would like y'all's input on which co. offers more bang for its buck. Also if you can, please rate customer service, if you've had any experience with them.

Thank you muchly. :)

Both are pretty terrible to be very honest with you.

I'm with Koodo right now and it's not too bad (same company as Telus), the plans are very friendly if you have family/friends scattered all over the country since all your minutes and free evenings and weekends are Canada wide. :) But...it sucks for data since they only started getting smartphones recently.

If I HAD to choose, would go with Rogers because when terminated the contract based on poor reception, they only charged me half of what I was supposed to owe them. My mom had a huge fight with Bell when she tried to terminate her cellphone a few years back.

That wasn't funny! Not if you were in it!

Haha, I honestly don't know how I would've reacted to that. It's funny to read now though :P

Oh.. do you have any recs for funny threads?? (No I'm not procrastinating with midterms around the corner, absolutely not!)

The Queens interview thread from early 2011 is funny in a douchebagy kind of way, lol

:eek:

Name: Mr. Mysterioso

Address : Mr. Mysterioso land.

Official transcript : GPA = infinity

LOL.

Do I pass?

.... I tried to come up with something witty but anatomy took up all of my creative juices :(

It's all good! :)

Don't go with Rogers... I've heard nothing but bad things about them from SO many people.

As for Bell... they're not all that much better from what I hear.

What's this for? Cell? Internetz? Phone? TV?

Both are pretty terrible to be very honest with you.

I'm with Koodo right now and it's not too bad (same company as Telus), the plans are very friendly if you have family/friends scattered all over the country since all your minutes and free evenings and weekends are Canada wide. :) But...it sucks for data since they only started getting smartphones recently.

If I HAD to choose, would go with Rogers because when terminated the contract based on poor reception, they only charged me half of what I was supposed to owe them. My mom had a huge fight with Bell when she tried to terminate her cellphone a few years back.

Thanks guys! I am with rogers currently - wireless and internet, but sometimes i just don't like their customer service. :mad: and so was thinking of switching to bell! My wireless is pretty good, as is the internet. but sometimes the internet cuts out, they say it's the router.

what's the utility of a home phone? i keep getting deals offered to me for a home phone. and i feel that if i had it, i'd just give that no. to the library, shopping malls, or whosoever asks for a phone no. to whom i don't want to give out my cell phone no. to.

edit: but then that would also be more expensive. lol. ... so does anyone actually have a homephone these days??

Archived