Premed 101 Forums

first year schedule

Guest peachy

Guest peachy

Any mods around (or anybody else who knows) who can describe what our schedule is like (esp. during structure & function)? Are we in class all day every day, or do we have some off time, like an afternoon a week or something? Is it like undergrad, where we can skip classes occasionally if we need to, or do we absolutely need to be there all the time?

Guest bluesky125

Hi peachy,

Structure and Function goes til the end of January. In the first 10 weeks, you will have anatomy. Lectures from Dr. Taylor and anatomy labs. A typically day is two hours of lectures, 2 hr of anat labs, lunch time, 2 hr or lectures in the afternoon and labs again (ie from 8 - 4 pm) However, you don't need to go to all the anatomy labs since you won't be dissecting all the time.

After anatomy, there will be cardiology and respirology blocks. You won't have to go to anat labs but there will be PBL in the afternoons and also histology labs.

First years have a pretty intensive schedule. But there are afternoons off as well. Also every Friday mornings, you will have ASCM (clinical skills training).

There is quite a variety of people in my class. There are people that will attend every class and there are classmates that I finally met on the day of the exam because I haven't see them all year. For anatomy, I really liked Dr. Taylor's lectures. Personally, I think it is okay to skip classes if you need to. However, don't be late! (at least for anat lectures or you might be in for some public embarassment :)

Guest bluesky125

For Structure and Function (Sept - Jan), classes usually start at 8 am.

For Metabolism and Nutrition, (Feb - March), classes generally start at 9 am and you have Tues mornings off.

For Brain and Behaviour (April - May), classes start back at 8 am.

Archived