Premed 101 Forums

O-week order form

Guest ssup

Hey guys,

I was just wondering whether any current med students can recommend what we need to purchase from the list we got. I've heard from some ppl that you don't need the dissection kit bc you use their tools in the lab....true? Also, do we need scrubs in first yr?

Ssup

Guest Chieka

I don't know where I read this - the U of T site or here? - but the hospitals will have scrubs, so you don't need to buy a set. They'll give you clean ones as you need them. I think there's a deposit. You can buy scrubs if you want to wear them to the lab. I just sent in my order form, and I ordered scrubs, just because I'm really excited about having my own pair. :D

C.

Guest bluesky125

Hi,

I got my dissection kit last year and I found it to be an useful purchase. I like using my own tools and I don't think it too expensive.

You need about two boxes of gloves. However, some of the people in my lab just needed one box since they got use to using their bare hands for dissection.

I didn't buy any scrubs. I think a lab coat was quite sufficient.

Another good investment is getting an old anatomy atlas for your lab group. My lab group shared the cost of the book and it was a helpful reference to have around while you are dissection. This way, you can keep your own anatomy atlas clean and only juiced up one old atlas :)

Archived