Premed 101 Forums

confirmation?

Guest Mephistopheles03

Guest Mephistopheles03

hi guys,

i sent in my acceptance to u of t the first week of june...

am i supposed to hear back about whether or not they received it? what about omsas?

for those of you currently in u of t meds, do you remember when they sent you some kind of info package (re classes, orientation, anything)?

thanx

Guest UTMed07

I'm not a current med student... but I'll answer any way.

I haven't gotten anything official.

I did however get an email from a 3rd year saying "welcome aboard." :):) I imagine they have a coordinated email campaign, 'cause I don't know the person.

I think they'll send out stuff later. Last year some people on the waitlist found-out

through an email to the class that they were going to be accepted (see this thread from last year).

UTmed07,

i got an e-mail from one of my interviewers welcoming me aboard and I was trying to figure out whether this was standard practice or whether it was his own initiative. Was your e-mail from your interviewer as well?

Ssup

Guest batman

I also got an email from the faculty-member interviewer last week, but nothing else...strange...perhaps there's different email lists.

I handed in my stuff to the admissions office (in person) last week, but I assume they'll mail out some sort of info packages in a bit.

Guest aneliz

I remember that stress last year....there is nothing official that gets sent until much later (nothing from OMSAS and official info doesn't come out until early Aug!!!)

I would suggest e-mailing the office and just ask them to confirm that everything has been received and is complete...they shouldn't mind and it will give you some peace....I did it with UWO last year!

Guest UTMed07
Was your e-mail from your interviewer as well?

I got a separate email from the interviewer last week. It basically said congrats on the offer and I hope you choose U of T. :)

I also got e-mails from both my interviewers before I sent in my acceptance. They basically said: it was nice meeting you and hope you choose UofT. But now my computer totally crashed and I can't check my e-mail at home anymore. Does anyone know if you can check Bell Sympatico e-mail accounts from a remote computer?

Guest Mephistopheles03

thanks guys,

i just sent an email to leslie taylor and she replied with a yes...whew that's a load off my mind. now i can go back to enjoying my summer :)

Archived