Premed 101 Forums

Process for accepting offers

Hey guys,

Sorry if this was asked elsewhere -- couldn't find it.

I'm confused about the process for Ontario schools. What exactly is the difference between May 29th and June 12th? What does it mean when an acceptance becomes "firm"? Does that mean you can accept an offer by May 29th, but remain on one other waitlist until June 12th? Are you removed from waitlists after June 12th if you've accepted another offer?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Sorry if this was asked elsewhere -- couldn't find it.

I'm confused about the process for Ontario schools. What exactly is the difference between May 29th and June 12th? What does it mean when an acceptance becomes "firm"? Does that mean you can accept an offer by May 29th, but remain on one other waitlist until June 12th? Are you removed from waitlists after June 12th if you've accepted another offer?

Thanks!

You must chose to firmly accept, provisionally accept, or decline all offers by May 29, 2009 or you lose your offer.

If you chose to provisionally accept you remain on other waitlists until June 12th when you are removed from all waitlists and your offer becomes firm. Thus, you can only wait until June 12th for a waitlist offer unless you want to decline other offers and gamble on getting off of the waitlist.

A firm acceptance automatically removes you from all other offers/waitlists...

Or at least OMSAS is supposed to let all the other schools know, but the Queen's waitlist e-mail did request you let them know?

So maybe it's worth sending off a quick little e-mail to tell them, I'm not sure?

A firm acceptance automatically removes you from all other offers/waitlists...

Or at least OMSAS is supposed to let all the other schools know, but the Queen's waitlist e-mail did request you let them know?

So maybe it's worth sending off a quick little e-mail to tell them, I'm not sure?

My Queens' waitlist e-mail said "If you accept an offer of admission at another school of medicine and no longer wish to be considered at Queen's, I would be grateful if you would let me know." So I think you should definitely e-mail Queen's.

• 3 weeks later...

Reviving this thread ---

Does anyone know what the deal is with June 12? Is it at the end of the day that the offers become firm? i.e. if you've provisionally accepted one school, could you still receive an offer from another waitlist during the day Friday and make a last-minute switch?

Thanks.

Archived