Premed 101 Forums

NB Waitlist

Actually' date=' every other year they have emailed.

Wait list never got moving until mid June last year.[/quote']

Oh okay, thanks! Yeah here's to hearing from the waitlist soon....

I really wish the website would get updated weekly as they promised though :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh okay, thanks! Yeah here's to hearing from the waitlist soon....

I really wish the website would get updated weekly as they promised though :P

Yeah, especially when the tell you they will do it... I spoke on the phone with them yesterday, buut it's not looking like anything will be put up (even though they still have 10 minutes to make me eat my words, heh).

Hey all, I just got off the phone with the lady at Dal. She told me that they've gone through 5 offers so far, and that offer number 6 is out (so, waiting to hear back from this person, I guess). Congrats to those who have been called.

I know the person in position 8 will be turning it down, and there is possibly another single digits WL position who will be turning it down. Best of luck to all of us still waiting.

Hey all, I just got off the phone with the lady at Dal. She told me that they've gone through 5 offers so far, and that offer number 6 is out (so, waiting to hear back from this person, I guess). Congrats to those who have been called.

I know the person in position 8 will be turning it down, and there is possibly another single digits WL position who will be turning it down. Best of luck to all of us still waiting.

Did she mean 5 offers total across all waitlists? Or 5 offers to the NB waitlist? I assume to all waitlists because I am #4 on the NB waitlist and I haven't heard anything yet.:confused:

Did she mean 5 offers total across all waitlists? Or 5 offers to the NB waitlist? I assume to all waitlists because I am #4 on the NB waitlist and I haven't heard anything yet.:confused:

Nope, that was new Brunswick Waitlists. I'm beginning to wonder if a mistake was made with the numbering that was sent out on the letters... it happened last year (my friend was told she was number 5 in the letter, but was actually number 10).

Nope, that was new Brunswick Waitlists. I'm beginning to wonder if a mistake was made with the numbering that was sent out on the letters... it happened last year (my friend was told she was number 5 in the letter, but was actually number 10).

I would prefer to think that the numbering was correct and it's just that I haven't received the letter yet...lets hope!

medmommy : you mentioned that the website was updated ... i dont see an update .. where are you looking at ?

It was on the main page...

http://admissions.medicine.dal.ca/

"IF there has been a change in the waitlist, on a weekly basis the status of the waitlists will be updated on this main page.

Waitlist information:

Currently (as of Wednesday, May 20th, 2009) the waitlist numbers for each province are as follows:

NS = 15 (6 offers have been mailed out)

NB = 20 (6 offers have been mailed out)

PE = 6 (2 offers have been mailed out)

Non Maritime = (7 offers have been mailed out)

Waitlist numbers are set based on past years movements on those lists. "

mmm.. when i click on that link .. i see the update on May 20th . nothing new.. can someone explain what they mean by "7 offers have been mailed out" for OOP? does that mean they are at number 7 in the waitlist ?

Regards

That has happened to me before too, that other people were able to see that the website was updated and I was not. And I would assume that 7 offers means that everyone up to and including #7 on the waitlist are being mailed an offer...so the next to be offered would be #8 OOP.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I received word today that I was accepted off the waitlist. I was waitlisted #3. And I got it in the mail (snail mail), it was dated June 1st.

Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist :D

I'm SUPER stoked!!

CONGRATTS... i was wondering.. are you in the OOP list? also, did they mention how long you have to accept the offer ?and what are the conditions?

No I was on the NB list. The letter said I had until June 20th to pay my $200 deposit and secure my seat. I also have to send a signed form back to them via mail. The letter also said that classes begin on Aug 31st and further info will be posted online and I will get my acceptance package sometime in the next few weeks...

I think that about sums it up :)

But surely they contacted you via email first to see if you wanted the spot, right? :)

Negative... i was spazzing over not having heard anything at all. I sort of expected to hear last week, and then I checked my mail yesterday and there was a letter.

Again, not what I was expecting, so I thought I'd warn other ppl on the waitlist, make sure you check your mail!

fallhigher.. are u sure about that? I think the office mentioned that they would give you three weeks to reply. Giving OOP 48 hours to reply sounds more reasonable.. if this is going to happen by snail mail, people will findout by AUgust lol. did any OOP get an email?

Archived