Premed 101 Forums

Official AAMC Guide to the MCAT

Anyone seen this/bought it? This was new to me. It's written by the AAMC:

" The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam

March 2009, 400 Pages

This new guidebook, developed under the direction of the MCAT staff, provides you with extensive information on "everything MCAT." Focus groups conducted among medical school aspirants and current medical students helped determine the content, which includes:

* Passages and questions from actual MCAT exams, with detailed explanations of both the correct and incorrect answers

* Tips to help you come up with the right solutions

* "Difficulty levels" of questions, revealing what percentages of examinees answered correctly in the real-life tests

* Data to help you determine how likely you are to increase or decrease your scores upon a retake, and by how many points

* Data that show what percentage of applicants were admitted to medical school, based on MCAT scores and GPAs combined

* A look at how MCAT scores factor into the admissions decision, with insights from a former associate dean of admissions"

MCAT_Guide.jpg

seems to me that most of that info is available for free on the AAMC website such as the score improvements upon rewriting and stats for people who got into US schools and how to approach questions in the different sections. Just another way these guys want to make money:rolleyes: I wouldn't bother buying it.

Archived