Premed 101 Forums

verbal tips please

turbo

Hey... so I keep scoring in the 13s and 14s for the PS and BS but i cant seem to get double digit scores on VR with the exception of the odd performance that comes and goes. my scores really need to hit at least a consistent 10 so i dont look like a flop on test day... any advice to get me over my hump??

plz and thx

the OP is probably doing practice tests and stating scores from that, not actual MCAT scores (which, as you said, are scaled according to other people taking the test). The AAMC practice tests have a marking scheme like a VR score of 32/40 = 11 (i think?)..not graded according to other test takers

yes im taking the AAMC practice tests and my reported scores are from that...but

if im not mistaken the practice tests "look" like they are graded against everyone else... perhaps everyone else who has written that practice test. Because the grades do change every time. For example, one test I took I got the same VR mark (29/40) but the scaled score was a 7 on one test and a 9 on the other. SO its not your standard 80% = 11 or whatever... the same pattern for the sciences too.

Archived