Premed 101 Forums

Queens vs UofT?

Guest zirneklis

Guest zirneklis

Hi everyone!

I received the good news today that I got into both Queens and UofT. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time deciding between the two...anyone have any insight they would like to share about the pros and cons of both schools? I would greatly appreciate it because as you all know, this is a big decision! Thanks, and good luck to those of you still waiting!:rollin

Guest Mephistopheles03

hey,

do you mind my asking where you're from? if you're from lovely TO (sars and west nile aside), then it would be cheaper to stay close to home (like me...yay!); if not, then the amazing faculty (loved my undergrad here), the top notch hospitals and the not too shabby night life ;) should more than make up for the astronomical cost of tuition + living expenses.

the large class size can be a con for some people but

let's not forget that we're going to be spending the next 4 years of our lives with these people (that's ample time to get to know each and every classmate on a personal level).

queen's is also pretty high on my list, what with the gorgeous scenery and the incredibly friendly med student population (best interview weekend ever)...

good luck deciding!

Guest Lakers4life

Hey guys,

Don't let the big class size get you down, just more people to know! You won't get to know everyone that well b.c people to tend to group off, but then again with so many differenct people, you have more diversity in terms of activities. You can always find a few people to do whatever, be it skiing, rock-climbing, or just drinking yourself silly.

Archived