Premed 101 Forums

Essay/Interview prep books?

Oak

I'm trying to find ways that will improve my essay and interview skills.

For those of you who have read these, what's your take on these books?

The Medical School Interview: Secrets and a System for Success - Jeremiah Fleenor

Essays That Will Get You into Medical School - Dan Kaufman

The Medical School Interview: Secrets and a System for Success - Jeremiah Fleenor

Essays That Will Get You into Medical School - Dan Kaufman

I have only read the Jeremiah Fleenor book. It was a quick read. Some interesting stuff - but not sure I learned anything from it. Its cheap and short - so could be worth picking up and going through it.

The book I recommend is "Doing Right" by Hebert. Its a book on ethics, however it has case studies throughout the book. You can process the dilemma and then he discusses the "answer". Both the answers and the discussion help me a fair bit, not just understanding the dilemma and coming up with an answer - but provided me with information to break down the interview ethics questions and provide 8 mins of discussion

I didn't find this book very helpful, as it is oriented towards a traditional, non-MMI style interview (and I was headed off to a MMI). You could find similar information in any interview skills book (just worded differently lol).

Good luck!

:)

Archived