Premed 101 Forums

any UofT students have info on interviews?

Guest Emila

Guest Emila

How many applications are they still reviewing or are they done?

Will there be another interview weekend after April 12?

Are we out of luck if we haven't heard anything yet?

This waiting is driving me crazy!

Guest ozymandiasking29

Hey,

I noticed there were interviews being done today, which is kind of strange since I didn't think there were any interviews scheduled on a Monday. Anyone know whether this was part of the original interview schedule or whether it was added on later? Thanks.

Guest peachy

I don't have a clue, but apparently SARS is playing havoc on their interview schedules, since many of the interviewers are in quarantine.

Guest simba

I had my interview today (Monday) and it was scheduled about a month ago. However, they had cancelled many parts of the interview day because of the SARS.

Guest Koggetsu

yeah they cancelled the lunch and tours of the school, I had my interview on monday too, it was suppose to be in morning but they changed it so that there will be less people coming into the building at once or something (like that helps!). At the interview we weren't even allowed to shake hands =P

Guest Emila

How many applications are they still reviewing or are they done?

Will there be another interview weekend after April 12?

Are we out of luck if we haven't heard anything yet?

Is anyone else still waiting?

Everyone I know has heard from UofT already.

Guest ozymandiasking29

Hi,

I called today and the person who answered said that basically they've sent out all the invitations already and only have a couple more that they're scheduling. I haven't heard anything yet either but I figure that this means we're out of luck.

Guest physmajor

Finally got news from U of T today. Unfortunately, I was not granted an interview, but it was just nice to know. Good luck to those still waiting. I have to admit that I was kinda surprised. I thought that my academic part of the application was the strongest, but ironically I was invited for interviews at Mac and Ottawa who put more emphasis on the sketch. I guess there really is no way of predicting these things.

For anyone interested, I emailed Leslie Taylor from admissions and this is what she wrote back:

There are still letters to be sent out. Most people have been notified

for interviews, but we keep a pool of applicants until after the

interview

weekend. All applicants will receive a letter regarding their

status. I'm sure you can appreciate the amount of extra work the SARS

outbreak has caused, so I don't know when final refusal letters will go

out.

Leslie Taylor,

Admissions Officer

Guest ozymandiasking29

Hi all,

Maybe one of the moderators could answer this (or anyone else with an idea) - why does u of t keep a pool of applicants till after the interview? I mean if everyone contacted confirms they will be there, what's the point of keeping people in suspense when there are no plans to interview them? u of t has made it pretty clear they're not planning to add on an extra weekend, so what is this pool of applicants there for? Thanks so much for any insight.

Archived