Premed 101 Forums

best MCAT book....

zunik

I haven't tried Gold Standard before, but I have read the Kaplan Premier Program and the Princeton Review content manuals. If you have a strong science background the Kaplan book is better, because it is more concise so you can minimize your reading time. The Princeton books are far more in-depth, in my opinion more in-depth than you need for the MCAT. However, this makes it excellent for those who don't have a strong science background. I think the detail of the Princeton books force people to spend more time reading and getting through the content review. Consequently, less time is spent on the REALLY important part, which is doing practice passages and full lengths and learning from your mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...
EK is the best book. It tells you exactly what you need to know. Kaplan and Princeton Review give you way too much information.

I would disagree. ExamKraker also has too much information that is not needed for the MCAT exam. The Gold Standard MCAT 2010 edition outlines what you need to remember, what you need to understand, and what you DONT need to know. Dont have to take my word for it. Go to a library and see it for yourself.

I would disagree. ExamKraker also has too much information that is not needed for the MCAT exam. The Gold Standard MCAT 2010 edition outlines what you need to remember, what you need to understand, and what you DONT need to know. Dont have to take my word for it. Go to a library and see it for yourself.

My sister actually bought the book- The Gold Standard mcat. It does outline those things. I thinks that is what makes the book strong. I used ExamKraker for my MCAT exam. It is ok

Archived