Premed 101 Forums

VR troubles

interleukin

Hi all, I have been doing some EK101 practice tests and I am having great difficulty with the passages. I tried the princeton format and I tried the EK format and I have yet to find my niche. On my last 4 VR practice tests, I have scored 5, 6, 4 and 5. This is obviously very discouraging. I am wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or would like to shed some insight into this. :(

I've had that problem before.. my practice tests were always from 5 to 6 with an occasional 7 or 8. My problem was I wasn't understanding the vocabulary or getting the main idea of the passage or reading fast enough - I always left 1.5 passages to guessing cause that's how slow I was. So I've had to do a lot of reading and to increase my vocab and my speed. That helped a lot :D.

VR is the most frustrating!!!

I feel your pain... I went through the EK vr book getting 1/2~2/3 questions right per passage.... but I did slightly better with AAMC practice tests afterwards, then much better at the actual test. Don't sweat it too much and focus more on getting used to the questions. Good luck

Archived