Premed 101 Forums

U of A ranks top in the country on LMCC part 1 and 2!

A couple thoughts:

- It's the first time to be on top for BOTH parts of the exam. They've been atop of the list for one or the other, I'm not sure on the stats on how many schools/graduating classes have ranked first for both.

- Success on at least Step 1 of the LMCC can come down to individual motivation. I know of students from many schools across the country who only do enough to pass it. You've already matched, you're going to graduate and the pass rate is extremely high. So many people don't look to do more than to get through it, and this can skew averages.

If anything, I think this does attest to the fact that UofA has the facilities and faculty to potentially motivate students to do well; and that the whole accreditation issue is/was garbage. This graduating class learned under the curriculum that the American accreditation committee had a problem with, and they're able to do quite well on national, standardized licensing exams. This only adds on to the thought that the only reason for 'newer' methods of learning are to keep up with trends, not advance education.

Archived