Premed 101 Forums

Unofficial waitlist movement thread for UofT

Please post if you are planning to give up your spot at UofT dentistry for any number of reasons such as taking a spot at western, or another dentral school, or medical school perhaps or otherwise.

This would be really helpful for all students on the waitlist at this school. Also if you are waiting for some reason to officially give up your spot but are considering on doing so - please mention!

I called them .. 1-2 weeks ago and it was officially 2 spots moved

I'm pretty sure those spots belonged to people who chose to go to McGill before the first deposit (ie: so they never paid)

However, I think that the WL will not officially move until secondary deposits are due in Aug, despite many people officially dropping

I called them .. 1-2 weeks ago and it was officially 2 spots moved

I'm pretty sure those spots belonged to people who chose to go to McGill before the first deposit (ie: so they never paid)

However, I think that the WL will not officially move until secondary deposits are due in Aug, despite many people officially dropping

Is that what they said? That they're going to wait till mid-Aug?

Is that what they said? That they're going to wait till mid-Aug?

No that is not what they said. I'm just assuming because they must have been at least some people who have dropped U of T dent for something else (i.e.: med school) but the list has not officially moved. And I know that at least one guy sent in all the paper work rejecting his offer (after he paid first deposit, but not second). So I'm just assuming they're not going to do anything until secondary deposits are in or not.

No that is not what they said. I'm just assuming because they must have been at least some people who have dropped U of T dent for something else (i.e.: med school) but the list has not officially moved. And I know that at least one guy sent in all the paper work rejecting his offer (after he paid first deposit, but not second). So I'm just assuming they're not going to do anything until secondary deposits are in or not.

i'll call tomorrow and ask, I really hope that is not the case :(

Hey

I just called UfT and she said that it's only moved 2 spots and that they'll call right away when the next spots become available..:S so now i'm totally confused lol

Thanks for calling.

Maybe the admin define available as "when they don't make the secondary deposits, then the spot is officially available"

I think someone mentioned earlier that the vast majority of the spots move after the secondary deposits ..

Thanks for calling.

Maybe the admin define available as "when they don't make the secondary deposits, then the spot is officially available"

I think someone mentioned earlier that the vast majority of the spots move after the secondary deposits ..

I asked if they wait till the second deposits and she said no...

Archived