Premed 101 Forums

Should I retake the DAT?

Hey guys I have a situation.

I wrote the November 2008 DAT and scored a 19AA, and I have around a 92% best two year average. I am trying to make my application for next year as foolproof as possible for UWO. My RC was 20 (above the cutoff) and I know I should at least get an interview. Do you think it is recommended in my case to retake the DAT? I mean I haven't many people get in this cycle with 19AA so I am worried. I am almost certain I could improve my score but I fear if I rewrite the DAT an make ruin one section, UWO automatically takes my most recent score and I could destroy all my chances for this coming cycle. Considering the high RC scores from Feb (maybe I wont get RC cutoff again), possibility of messing up, my current chances but increasing competition every year.

Do you think I should rewrite the DAT?

I wouldn't rewrite it... that is a lot of time to put in for maybe 1 or 2 extra points... I would use the time you might have spent studying for the DAT working on your interview skills. This section is worth more and can be easily screwed up. But to each his own

I agree. Focus on preparing for the interview. The interview is the main differentiator of those who have been invited for an interview. Don't forget that the DAT is worth very little at UWO (I thought it was worth something like 10%...don't quote me on that though).

I agree. No need to worry about DAT. Lot of people goes in with AA20 so yours is pretty well. Moreover, your 92% will make you almost certain to be in unless you mess up the interview which I am sure you won't if you prepare well for the interview. In your case, even if you do mediocre interview you will be in with 92%.

Archived