Premed 101 Forums

can we do this?

Guest ssup

hey guys,

i'm wondering if anyone can offer some insight...

My U of T interview is March 29th...I've also applied to Western and Ottawa. I'm hoping that if I receive an interview from either of the latter 2, I am able to book it on the same weekend as the 29th so I only need to fly to ontario from bc once.

SO my question is...is it out of the ordinary to call the 2 universities and ASK whether or not they've come to a decision on my application so that I can make my plans eitherway. Is that normal or does it come off as too aggressive?

Ssup

Guest Carolyn

It is very very unlikely that they will tell you --

I was impressed when organizing my flights for my residency interviews at the end of December how cheap the discount flights can be even 3 - 4 weeks before the actual interview date.

Guest therealcrackers

Apparently Western has sent their invitations out in the mail---but this is unconfirmed (we're working on it). If you receive an interview then congratulations! well done.

NB--edited 11 Feb --- apparently rejections have gone out, interview invitations have not yet, and will in a couple of weeks. GRDS...

Going on that assumption... the 29th/30th of March is one interview weekend and the 12th/13th of April is the other.

In your circumstance, you may get lucky; or you may be able to get a slight alteration in the date of your interview if there is some flexibility in the system. This is at the decision of the admissions people; call Barbara or Darla at Western Admissions ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR INTERVIEWS IN HAND, and explain your situation to them. They are terrific people, and will repay/return either kindness or aggressiveness depending on what they get (which, over 50-60 calls a day, adds up...). I think calling them before you know and asking them to run down your file is not the best way to persuade them or get them to further your cause... but it shouldn't be long now, and that's still plenty of time to get flights arranged as needed.

BTW, Go Bagels= UWO moderator 2... Ian's having a little fun.

Archived