Premed 101 Forums

Application timeline

This might be a stupid question but ill ask anyways.

Do people generally start submitting applications after 4rth year marks have been finalized? Is it after you get your 4rth year GPA (may-ish) that you start applying in june or later?. Or do people generally apply after 3rd year marks have been finalized?.

Im confused because if people apply after 4rth year then isnt that whole year wasted for people that get accepted in october/december. And if people apply in the summer between 3rd and 4rth year, then they wouldnt have their GPA's for 4rth year. I see that most people post their fouth year GPA so im guessing most people apply after they get their degrees.

Im sorry if this is a dumb question but im new here and will be entering second year this fall. Id appreciate any help.

Thanks

This might be a stupid question but ill ask anyways.

Do people generally start submitting applications after 4rth year marks have been finalized? Is it after you get your 4rth year GPA (may-ish) that you start applying in june or later?. Or do people generally apply after 3rd year marks have been finalized?.

Im confused because if people apply after 4rth year then isnt that whole year wasted for people that get accepted in october/december. And if people apply in the summer between 3rd and 4rth year, then they wouldnt have their GPA's for 4rth year. I see that most people post their fouth year GPA so im guessing most people apply after they get their degrees.

Im sorry if this is a dumb question but im new here and will be entering second year this fall. Id appreciate any help.

Thanks

you apply summer between 3rd and 4th year. your acceptance is tentative pending the successful completion of your degree.

so in other words if im applying to American schools, my fourth year GPA will not count if I dont want to take a gap year or go to grad school? And it will count for Candian schools becuase the application starts later on. im sorry if im asking annoying questions, its just that im still confused on how this would work.

I don't think American schools would be any different from canadian school when counting fourth year marks. Marks should be finalized by May at the lastest. Some people apply after 3rd year. So during their application, they are doing their fourth year. In this case the fourth year marks are not counted for both american and canadian schools. Other people apply after fourth year, for them their fourth year marks are counted. These people are done their degrees before their application year, so they don't have to be in school. So this is their gap year.

so in other words if im applying to American schools, my fourth year GPA will not count if I dont want to take a gap year or go to grad school? And it will count for Candian schools becuase the application starts later on. im sorry if im asking annoying questions, its just that im still confused on how this would work.

I don't think American schools would be any different from canadian school when counting fourth year marks. Marks should be finalized by May at the lastest. Some people apply after 3rd year. So during their application, they are doing their fourth year. In this case the fourth year marks are not counted for both american and canadian schools. Other people apply after fourth year, for them their fourth year marks are counted. These people are done their degrees before their application year, so they don't have to be in school. So this is their gap year.

understood! thank you.

Do a majority of people apply after third year or fourth year? Im guessing it depends on how comfortable you are with your gpa and MCAT score.

Archived