Premed 101 Forums

TPR hyperlearning VR

sv3

For those that have used this, do you find the question/answer choices really long for some (perhaps majority) passages in their book?

I am trying to answer questions within 30-40 seconds but sometimes it takes longer than that just to read through the question and answer. I'm trying to see if this is representative of the AAMCs and real MCAT and if so, at least I'll be forewarned. I'm just struggling with time and it's not due to slow reading on the passage, but has more to do so with the questions.

thanks in advance

sv3

Yeah, I have the exact same materials from TPR, and from what I've heard, TPR's materials are supposed to be more challenging.

I also have EK's 101 Verbal Reasoning book, and comparing the two, I would say TPR's VR passages are slightly more challenging. However, despite being more challenging, their explanations are not as clear as EK's.

Nonetheless, if you can handle TPR stuff, you can definitely handle AAMC's stuff.

no i dont follow TPR strategy. i read the book and stuff but ive made myself a mismash of different strategies i thought would help.

i still have the same problem i had before i practised. If i understand the passage i can smoke it, a passage that is convulted kills me. I know there's some strategies to help with this but i think in the end i gotto get used to reading garbage and dealing with it. There were a few passages where i couldnt even tell what the main idea was b/c i found it that screwed up.

Archived